Bronze Age View?

Lubbyman

Link Posted 14/04/2019 - 23:11
I'm into silhouettes of trees at the moment, before the leaves appear. The lump is a bronze age barrow, one of many in this area. Perhaps people were looking at the barrow against a sunset 3 - 4,000 years ago. But surely not while walking a dog and wielding a Q-S1 with 06 attached....

Steve

droopsnoot

Link Posted 17/04/2019 - 10:45
I have a similar affinity for bare tree silhouettes, though I've never done anything with them for some reason. I find that mine tend to look better when I'm shooting them than when I get them home.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror

Lubbyman

Link Posted 18/04/2019 - 21:21
droopsnoot wrote:
I find that mine tend to look better when I'm shooting them than when I get them home.

There are a lot of that sort on my hard drive, too!

I've found a few trees with interesting shapes and good backgrounds. It's then just a matter of being there when the light is right, the sun is setting in the right place, the weather is good, there are no leaves on the tree etc. etc. Of course, I haven't the faintest idea what type of tree most of them are.

Do we need a 'Bare tree pictures' thread??

Steve

droopsnoot

Link Posted 19/04/2019 - 12:04
I share your lack of knowledge of tree makes and models.

I guess they're like a lot of other subjects - I like taking fireworks shots, but after a while they tend to look very similar because I don't tend to be bothered travelling around to get a decent foreground. Then I come on here and people have fireworks over ancient buildings, coastlines / sea fronts and so on, and they're all the better for the rest of the image.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.