Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Breakout

bforbes
Posted 26/05/2020 - 11:47 Link
Inspired by Gareth's peony set I thought I'd have a go at ours, which are just breaking out. This close up stuff is complicated, I was wanting to do it manually, so the M42 Takumar 85 went on to the K20 with split prism to give me half a chance. No go, the close focus distance is too long and I can't fill the frame. OK I'll try K mount extension tubes on the camera with M42 adapter in front to mount the lens. No go, the adapter does like sitting in the tubes. For some reason I can't see, it locks in but not in the proper orientation putting the lens out of line and not working.

So this is with the K20 and the Tamron Adaptall 90.

Comment Image
Posted 27/05/2020 - 07:52 Link
Very nice Barrie...

Best
LongTimeLurker
Posted 11/06/2020 - 22:54 Link
The colours certainly grab the attention and I'm sat here waiting for the flower to open....

Hopefully it has since bloomed and not been squished with the rain we have had recently.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
bforbes
Posted 12/06/2020 - 08:27 Link
LongTimeLurker wrote:
The colours certainly grab the attention and I'm sat here waiting for the flower to open....

Hopefully it has since bloomed and not been squished with the rain we have had recently.

Sadly not. Wrong camera for here, but there is a photo on ePHOTOzine link
LennyBloke
Posted 12/06/2020 - 08:42 Link
The background (particularly in the top half of the image) enhances the overall feel of this blooming anticipation - nicely done
LennyBloke
pschlute
Posted 12/06/2020 - 10:54 Link
Lovely image. Colours are so rich when they first bloom.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.