Breaking the rules...

womble

Link Posted 19/09/2020 - 21:48
... and I don't care! K-3, and the K35/2.

Sept 19: minimalist landscape par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

LennyBloke

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 09:43
You haven't exactly broken the most important rule Kris......

... creating a lovely image
LennyBloke

Lubbyman

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 10:51
LennyBloke wrote:
You haven't exactly broken the most important rule Kris......

... creating a lovely image

Agree 100%.

Actually, Kris, you've used the 'rule of thirds' without realising it. Landscape and tree are the bottom third, ripples in the clouds are the middle third, plain sky is the top third. You've got to try very, very hard to break all the rules, there are so many that one is almost certain to catch you unawares...

Steve

redbusa99

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 11:36
+1 on the image. The thirds rule soes seem to be ok going top to bottom but maybe some would feel the main tree should not be center but on right hand third so the eye follows the slope down to it. just my two penneth worth
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

womble

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 12:24
Thanks everyone.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Sry

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 23:13
Breaking the what?

LennyBloke wrote:
You haven't exactly broken the most important rule Kris...... ... creating a lovely image

Exactly!

MrB

Link Posted 21/09/2020 - 09:43
Sry wrote:

Breaking the what?

Exactly!

Philip

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 21/09/2020 - 09:54
Loving the texture and detail in the foreground crop. Technically, if you were shooting an image for a client who wanted to use it on a mag cover, brochure etc where they'd overlay text then this would be ideal!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.