Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Bonfire Night

Posted 11/11/2019 - 12:41 Link
Hi all... was lucky enough to be home on Bonfire Night... happy days... went out in our local park... a mixture of straight shots and some multiple exposures... all K1ii and DFA 70-200, which I've been using a fair bit recently... fabulous combo...

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

All thoughts comments etc gratefully received as ever...

Best
Defragged
Posted 11/11/2019 - 17:00 Link
Superb effects. Wonderful set.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, vintage lenses and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
alfpics
Posted 11/11/2019 - 18:16 Link
What a great set (again!). Some of the ones of the firework bursts are simply beautiful. The bonfire in 4 is really good, and the multi-exposure in the opening shot has produced some interesting patterns.
Andy
pschlute
Posted 11/11/2019 - 22:53 Link
yet again Bill you take an ordinary subject and create extraordinary images from it.

Number2 is the stand out image. Nothing is in focus or in detail, but It just sums up what bonfire night is about.

9 is nice with the circular bokeh, but 8 is rather sinister..... expecting a dragon from William Blake's mind to emerge
Edited by pschlute: 11/11/2019 - 22:53
rick
Posted 12/11/2019 - 17:55 Link
Another fine set 2,5,7 & 15 are superb.

Rick
Pentax KP / DA L 18-50mm / Voigtlander Ultron 40mm f/2
Sry
Posted 12/11/2019 - 22:23 Link
Something different here, Bill, yet still you of course. #3 is such an interesting (intriguing, beautiful, mysterious, nervous...) image. The crowd is powerfully rendered - zombie-esque somehow (not that that would have been your intention, I imagine) - in awe of the very flames they are fanning.
The crispness of 4 & 5 are balanced by the unfocused forms of 2 & 7, while 6 links the earthly flames of the bonfire to their aerial pendant in the following firework images (of which I have a preference for 14's abstractness and 15's minimalism). #1 seems to announce it all - the 'pixellated' effect bringing out a surprising harshness to the scene. The colours throughout are beautiful.

Really really appreciate #3, so much atmosphere in there, so many stories to explore...
Posted 14/11/2019 - 09:40 Link
Thanks Defragged, Andy, Peter, Rick and Serge...

Andy, thank you, the firework bursts are multiple exposures, an amalgamation of ten frames or so... as per usual, took a load of these that didn't work at all, but the more interesting ones for me tended to layer the fireworks in varying degrees of bursting...

Peter, thank you, yes, no 8 was the first one of the fireworks shots that got the juices going... quite a surprise when it appeared on the back of the camera... as you say, found the whole evening quite surprisingly "dark" actually, in a slightly sinister kind of a way... the photos reflect that a bit I think... no.9 came from experimenting with focus/out of focus during the multiple exposure set...

Serge, thank you, yes, I felt a project emerging on "flames" from this set... there's plenty of abstract interest there... not dissimilar to water in many ways... constantly moving and evolving... with the added bonus of heat and light... interesting your thoughts on 3... you're right, the slightly unnerving element of it wasn't my intention at all... happened a bit by accident, but I noticed it too... reminded me of one of those 1950/60's american photos, where a load of people are watching something whilst wearing 3D glasses... actually that slightly uncomfortable feeling started to emerge for me across the whole set... a sense of almost a pagan ceremony of some kind... the ritual burning of a something... which, I suppose, in many ways it is...

Thanks again all...

Best

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.