Bokeh, 85mm soft 2.2
Posted 28/03/2011 - 18:49
Link
agree. was just handholding and running the battery dead (kr is new, so I plan to run the battery right dead and fully recharge a couple time, before using this camera in anger! lol! plus I'm only half way through the manual) when that caught my eye....
I got some ideas I'm gonna shoot along those lines and see what I can create for titles, transitions and wipes using bokeh effects...
I got some ideas I'm gonna shoot along those lines and see what I can create for titles, transitions and wipes using bokeh effects...
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 28/03/2011 - 20:45
Link
Won't play for me.... says I need Quicklime
I hope non of your clients use PC's Don
I hope non of your clients use PC's Don
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 28/03/2011 - 21:02
Link
Algernon wrote:
Won't play for me.... says I need Quicklime
I hope non of your clients use PC's Don
not a problem, my clients are discerning...
Won't play for me.... says I need Quicklime
I hope non of your clients use PC's Don
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 28/03/2011 - 21:18
Link
Luckily for us PC people Youtube works perfectly
I suppose that's why they are successful ....... cater for the masses
I suppose that's why they are successful ....... cater for the masses
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 28/03/2011 - 21:25
Link
Jeezus Krist Algi, never let an opportunity go to waste, eh?
It's not a big download to get Quicktime, and there are one or two sites that still use it so it's probably worth doing... [Edit - installed QT and site still doesn't work... I take it all back! ]
Would be nice to see your bits and pieces of video Don, if you care to upload to Vimeo / YT / Flickr it would be very nice!
It's not a big download to get Quicktime, and there are one or two sites that still use it so it's probably worth doing... [Edit - installed QT and site still doesn't work... I take it all back! ]
Would be nice to see your bits and pieces of video Don, if you care to upload to Vimeo / YT / Flickr it would be very nice!
Posted 28/03/2011 - 22:45
Link
Pentaxophile wrote:
Jeezus Krist Algi, never let an opportunity go to waste, eh?
It's not a big download to get Quicktime, and there are one or two sites that still use it so it's probably worth doing... [Edit - installed QT and site still doesn't work... I take it all back! ]
Would be nice to see your bits and pieces of video Don, if you care to upload to Vimeo / YT / Flickr it would be very nice!
link
Jeezus Krist Algi, never let an opportunity go to waste, eh?
It's not a big download to get Quicktime, and there are one or two sites that still use it so it's probably worth doing... [Edit - installed QT and site still doesn't work... I take it all back! ]
Would be nice to see your bits and pieces of video Don, if you care to upload to Vimeo / YT / Flickr it would be very nice!
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 29/03/2011 - 14:01
Link
Pentaxophile wrote:
Jeezus Krist Algi, never let an opportunity go to waste, eh?
It's not a big download to get Quicktime, and there are one or two sites that still use it so it's probably worth doing... [Edit - installed QT and site still doesn't work... I take it all back! ]
Would be nice to see your bits and pieces of video Don, if you care to upload to Vimeo / YT / Flickr it would be very nice!
I wouldn't let Quicklime within 100 miles of my computer (it tries to install iTunes as well from what I remember) It dials home every time you play a clip (Spyware) I have got Quicktime Alternative installed, but the link Don gave must check for the bono fido thing
Jeezus Krist Algi, never let an opportunity go to waste, eh?
It's not a big download to get Quicktime, and there are one or two sites that still use it so it's probably worth doing... [Edit - installed QT and site still doesn't work... I take it all back! ]
Would be nice to see your bits and pieces of video Don, if you care to upload to Vimeo / YT / Flickr it would be very nice!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 29/03/2011 - 14:17
Link
Algernon wrote:
I know the same is true of Flash, there is as of this writing still a well known vulnerability that allows hijackers to take control of the mac through flash..... but Adobe isn't as fast with bug fixes for the mac as Apple is with Quicktime.. At the end of the day, I find I don't miss flash, and can play every other format... html5 is going to take over as people dump flash to make thier sites ipad/iphone compatible which means h264 (quicktime).Pentaxophile wrote:
Jeezus Krist Algi, never let an opportunity go to waste, eh?
It's not a big download to get Quicktime, and there are one or two sites that still use it so it's probably worth doing... [Edit - installed QT and site still doesn't work... I take it all back! ]
Would be nice to see your bits and pieces of video Don, if you care to upload to Vimeo / YT / Flickr it would be very nice!
I wouldn't let Quicklime within 100 miles of my computer (it tries to install iTunes as well from what I remember) It dials home every time you play a clip (Spyware) I have got Quicktime Alternative installed, but the link Don gave must check for the bono fido thing Jeezus Krist Algi, never let an opportunity go to waste, eh?
It's not a big download to get Quicktime, and there are one or two sites that still use it so it's probably worth doing... [Edit - installed QT and site still doesn't work... I take it all back! ]
Would be nice to see your bits and pieces of video Don, if you care to upload to Vimeo / YT / Flickr it would be very nice!
that second link, I posted above is youtube.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 29/03/2011 - 14:17
Link
Don wrote:
video link of a test clip using the kr and 85 mm 2.2 soft lens.
the video clip is of a sparkly jewel type box...
what do you think?
Video plays OK on Youtubevideo link of a test clip using the kr and 85 mm 2.2 soft lens.
the video clip is of a sparkly jewel type box...
what do you think?
Quite a nice effect, would probably be useful for overlaying titles etc.
and the the fade from bokeh to sharpness has possibilities.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 29/03/2011 - 21:37
Link
Algernon wrote:
Quite a nice effect, would probably be useful for overlaying titles etc.
and the the fade from bokeh to sharpness has possibilities.
The video quality from the kr is excellent, and it takes well to editing in Apple pro res and looks good on large flatscreens... I bought it mainly for video... I think the low light abilities and chroma keying make it a useful addition to my kit!
Don wrote:
video link of a test clip using the kr and 85 mm 2.2 soft lens.
the video clip is of a sparkly jewel type box...
what do you think?
Video plays OK on Youtubevideo link of a test clip using the kr and 85 mm 2.2 soft lens.
the video clip is of a sparkly jewel type box...
what do you think?
Quite a nice effect, would probably be useful for overlaying titles etc.
and the the fade from bokeh to sharpness has possibilities.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 30/03/2011 - 05:05
Link
I'm finding my m 50 1.4 easier to do video with than the fa 50 1.4, manual focus is great and smooth!
anybody out there with a kx, kr or k5 would be advised to try out a shoe mounted video light... (I'm using a Sony model which I replaced the Sony hotshoe with a standard hotshoe with lock ring) instead of flash... You got good low light abilities to start with, and for indoors, or late evening/night shooting the video light gives warm color balance, af assist light, and is easy to use!
anybody out there with a kx, kr or k5 would be advised to try out a shoe mounted video light... (I'm using a Sony model which I replaced the Sony hotshoe with a standard hotshoe with lock ring) instead of flash... You got good low light abilities to start with, and for indoors, or late evening/night shooting the video light gives warm color balance, af assist light, and is easy to use!
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 30/03/2011 - 16:55
Link
I sometimes see that lens for sale but I rarely take portraits and don't think I'd get the use out of it.
Looks like it might have uses for you video types though.
K.
Looks like it might have uses for you video types though.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6213 posts
20 years
Winterpeg Manitoba Canada
link
the video clip is of a sparkly jewel type box...
what do you think?