Board software tweak ...
Posted 06/07/2009 - 18:40
Link
I'm not aware of this as a "tweak" - the back button normally takes me back one page.
Has something been updated automatically in your browser?
Has something been updated automatically in your browser?
Best regards, John
Posted 06/07/2009 - 18:41
Link
I've just tried it to make sure, and it took me back one page just as before.
Best regards, John
Posted 06/07/2009 - 19:02
Link
No browser change in the past few days - but might have been a FF3.5 minor update.
I would go to the front page of the forum and scroll down so that General Chat (for example) is at the top of the window. Enter General Chat, read the posts and then click "BACK".
Previously, it would go back one page to the list of forums but at the very top which was a nuisance as I would probably want to read Lenses next and would need to scroll down.
Now, it will jump back and display General Chat (or wherever I was) at the top of the screen.
I would go to the front page of the forum and scroll down so that General Chat (for example) is at the top of the window. Enter General Chat, read the posts and then click "BACK".
Previously, it would go back one page to the list of forums but at the very top which was a nuisance as I would probably want to read Lenses next and would need to scroll down.
Now, it will jump back and display General Chat (or wherever I was) at the top of the screen.
.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
Posted 06/07/2009 - 23:00
Link
If in doubt as to what's happening, then make a report, but please be as detailed and specific as you can. IT will do what they can to help.
Best regards, John
Posted 06/07/2009 - 23:14
Link
It's not a problem - but an improvement! I'm happy with it.
Other boards had this capability already but PU did not. And I thought someone had added a minor tweak to improve the usability of PU.
Other boards had this capability already but PU did not. And I thought someone had added a minor tweak to improve the usability of PU.
.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
Posted 06/07/2009 - 23:25
Link
Maybe they have, IT are always looking at the detail of things.
Best regards, John
Posted 07/07/2009 - 09:30
Link
polchraine wrote:
Until recently when I hit the browser "back" button when in a thread it would take me to the top of the list of various forums.
Today, it seems to jump back to the level in the list that I was at before entering the a forum. So, I do not need to scroll down again.
Have there been any other tweaks?
Mine is the same since updateing FF to 3.5.
Until recently when I hit the browser "back" button when in a thread it would take me to the top of the list of various forums.
Today, it seems to jump back to the level in the list that I was at before entering the a forum. So, I do not need to scroll down again.
Have there been any other tweaks?
Tel,
Posted 07/07/2009 - 10:49
Link
Sounds like a Firefox improvement.
shim
shim
Posted 07/07/2009 - 11:00
Link
Seems like Firefox has caught up with Internet Explorer then - it's done this for years!
Dan
P.S. Before I get a million replies telling me of a million things FF does better than IE, the above comment was entirely tongue in cheek. I do use IE, it does what I want, including what Polchraine described.
Dan
P.S. Before I get a million replies telling me of a million things FF does better than IE, the above comment was entirely tongue in cheek. I do use IE, it does what I want, including what Polchraine described.
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 07/07/2009 - 11:14
Link
Daniel Bridge wrote:
Seems like Firefox has caught up with Internet Explorer then - it's done this for years!
Probably because it didn't have tabs, which it later copied off Firefox/Netscape/Opera Seems like Firefox has caught up with Internet Explorer then - it's done this for years!
Very slow way of viewing anyway... much better to just open "Recent Activity" Right click what topic(s) you want to see and choose "Open Link in New Tab".... Do this for about 6 topics and close the tabs after you've looked at them. Better to turn off switch to new tab immediately in options.
That way you don't use the back button and can keep several topics open and go back to the original at any time by clicking the first tab.
Sorry if this sounds confusing to IE users.... you may find you feel more at home opening six separate windows like you used to in the pre tabs days
shim
Posted 07/07/2009 - 11:22
Link
Well said - ever thought about being an IT Trainer Shim?
Posted 07/07/2009 - 11:30
Link
Tabs have been in use and other forums always jumped back to the same place when the back button was used.
Mozilla based browsers have had both capabilities for years just that it did not work here.
Mozilla based browsers have had both capabilities for years just that it did not work here.
.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1321 posts
20 years
LHR/ABZ INV/OSL/ZRH/LAX SNA/SEA/YUL +++
Today, it seems to jump back to the level in the list that I was at before entering the a forum. So, I do not need to scroll down again.
Have there been any other tweaks?
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...