Blue screen upon opening Kx5IIs

drobbia

Link Posted 31/05/2014 - 21:11
When I turn on my IIs my screen and viewfinder turn blue (not solid I can still see image) - after a while it returns to normal, Also, on occasion if camera isn't tuned off and I reopen the same thing happens - is this a good excuse to tell wife why I must move up to the K3, or what? - any ideas?
"It's not what you look at that's important, it's what you see" - Thoreau
Quote:

Last Edited by drobbia on 31/05/2014 - 21:11

Mannesty

Link Posted 31/05/2014 - 21:28
Viewfinder turns blue ? ? ? Must be lens or mirror related then. How's the humidity in california if that's where you are right now? Could there be a small amount of moisture inside somehow?
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Helpful

drobbia

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 02:29
Thanks, rel. Humidity here now is 28 degrees, The county I'm living is lake county Ca, is the Cleanest air in the United States (3.5 particulate- Maui is 5,6) and IIs is sealed and so is my lens -- The camera might get down to 60 degrees at 5AM then will raise to 78 by 10 AM might that be it?
Mannesty wrote:
Viewfinder turns blue ? ? ? Must be lens or mirror related then. How's the humidity in california if that's where you are right now? Could there be a small amount of moisture inside somehow?

Quote:

Mannesty

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 06:57
Moisture in air condenses on surfaces that are cooler than the air itself and forms a thin film of tiny water droplets to appear on the cooler surface, just like your bathroom mirror after a shower.

If your camera is at 60F and your bring it into an atmosphere at 78F and 28% relative humidity, water will condense on all surfaces of the camera. If left to itself, the condensation will disappear naturally as the camera temperature stabilises with the new ambient temperature.

When this 'blue' phenomenon occurs on the rear screen, can it be cleaned off with a tissue or cloth?
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream
Last Edited by Mannesty on 01/06/2014 - 07:01

Mannesty

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 08:34
I'm now thinking that your "everything looks blue" problem is possibly condensation on the front element of the lens.

If I'm right, and this 'blueing' happens regularly, I suggest you don't try changing lenses until the temperature of the camera has stabilised, otherwise you risk moisture laden air entering the camera body.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream
Last Edited by Mannesty on 01/06/2014 - 08:34

drobbia

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 16:54
Thanks Mannesty- condensation is the culprit. Will follow advice.-- Thanks for your assistance. Tony
Quote:

Last Edited by drobbia on 01/06/2014 - 16:58
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.