Black Pixel

macca809

Link Posted 01/09/2011 - 18:11
I'm getting a black speck on my photos. When I zoom in it looks to be one black pixel. It does not show if you do the dust check (the sensor shows up as perfect)only on a photo. Have tried a different lens and still the the same result. Anyone any idea what this may be please.
Last Edited by macca809 on 01/09/2011 - 18:13

matwhittington

Link Posted 01/09/2011 - 18:21
There may indeed be a dead pixel in your sensor. I think it is not uncommon and maybe not surprising given how many millions of them are out there! I believe most (all?) pentax DSLRs have a 'pixel mapping' function in one of the in-camera menus which basically tells the camera to render such pixels the same as an adjacent pixel thereby fixing the problem! Not done it myself but I am sure there are folk on here who know more - no doubt it'll also be in the manual somewhere

Cheers
Mat W

My Flickr: link

Eastridge

Link Posted 02/09/2011 - 09:42
Yes, I had a dead pixel on my k-x and used the 'pixel mapping' and all is now fine.

I don't know which body you have but you should be able to find it in your cameras menu's / handbook.
Sharon's: K-x, FA35/2, DA 18-250.Glen's: K10D, DA100 Macro, 55-300, Paragon 500, Silk Pro700 Tripod
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.