Bindweed - Yes It Really Is!

Lubbyman

Link Posted 21/07/2021 - 22:35
Another in the series "Macro Doesn't Have To Be Super Sharp". This time, it's an attempt to get photos of bindweed that are a bit different. The first two are an unopened bud, the third is an opening bud. They are all as seen through the viewfinder, give or take a bit of tweaking with curves to improve contrast. NASA spends $billions to get pictures like this from deep space. These were done in the garden with the K3 + Irix 150mm macro + 1.4 TC.

Thought, comments etc. welcome as usual. And I'm not expecting to get them in the Countryfile Calendar!

Steve

davidwozhere

Link Posted 22/07/2021 - 00:09
The first one is an absolute beauty. A proper abstract in the sense that you have extracted the essence of what the object presented to you.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Lubbyman

Link Posted 22/07/2021 - 11:13
davidwozhere wrote:
A proper abstract in the sense that you have extracted the essence of what the object presented to you.

Well... err... yes, of course.... essence... that was top of my mind at the time.

Thanks for the inspirational comment!

Steve
Last Edited by Lubbyman on 22/07/2021 - 11:13

Sry

Link Posted 22/07/2021 - 12:57
I would love to have taken those Steve. How subtly gorgeous!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 22/07/2021 - 13:08
The first two are the ones for me, subtle and dark with the buds announcing their intention to open soon - lovely "soft" macros
LennyBloke

K10D

Link Posted 22/07/2021 - 15:59
Impressive images and kudos to you for producing these.

Best regards

Lubbyman

Link Posted 24/07/2021 - 20:30
Thanks, folks. I wasn't sure what the response would be to these, but it your positive comments are an encouragement to do some more experimenting with familiar things.

Sry wrote:
I would love to have taken those Steve

Can't get better than that! Thanks, Serge.

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.