Best options for B&W prints.
Posted 03/02/2009 - 10:58
Link
I know what you mean about the borders, but it is because of the photo ratio not exactly matching the paper ratio. It is frustrating, and I haven't found the answer yet.
Does you HP take the special grey cartridge (100)do you know - you can check on the HP website if you aren't sure. If it does then try to get hold of one and try that. They are not cheap but give really good results. Not all HP printers will take them though.
I find B&W prints work best on matte paper, but others would probably disagree. Nearly all glossy ink jet paper is intended for colour printing and can give a colour cast to B&W prints. I have used HP Premuim plus paper with pretty good results though. But I do prefer matte paper.
Does you HP take the special grey cartridge (100)do you know - you can check on the HP website if you aren't sure. If it does then try to get hold of one and try that. They are not cheap but give really good results. Not all HP printers will take them though.
I find B&W prints work best on matte paper, but others would probably disagree. Nearly all glossy ink jet paper is intended for colour printing and can give a colour cast to B&W prints. I have used HP Premuim plus paper with pretty good results though. But I do prefer matte paper.
Posted 03/02/2009 - 13:18
Link
The best programme I've used for getting boarderless prints is Abobe Lightroom.
You'll get the best results with a HP 100 cartridge as Gwyn says - standard blacks don't have the scope for the tonal range needed.
Steve
You'll get the best results with a HP 100 cartridge as Gwyn says - standard blacks don't have the scope for the tonal range needed.
Steve
In the Pack - Gripped K5 (SE),K7 & K20, Gripped MZ-S(SE)& MZ-S,DA10-17, DA12-24, DA14, DA*16-50, 50-135, 60-250 & 300mm; FA31mm/43mm/77mm Ltds; Sigma 8-16, 135-400 & 150-500
Half Backs: K10+BG,DA16-45, DA50-200
Backs: LXs,Super As and lots of A, M & K lenses
Impact Subs: 28mm Shift, K 135-600 (the Banahan of Pentax zooms ), 400-600 Reflex
Half Backs: K10+BG,DA16-45, DA50-200
Backs: LXs,Super As and lots of A, M & K lenses
Impact Subs: 28mm Shift, K 135-600 (the Banahan of Pentax zooms ), 400-600 Reflex
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


106 posts
18 years
Inverness
I was wondering what are my best options for getting great B&W prints from my ink jet. I am using Elements 7 as my editing programme and have a decent HP printer. I am unsure if I should be buy a special paper for B&W or just use HP best quality papers. Also I am getting very frustrated by trying to print images without borders of anykind but seem to fail miserably despite following what seems to be straight forward instructions.