Best Macro Lense ?

lemmy
Posted 11/04/2009 - 19:34 Link
I have the 35mm DA f2.8 which does me very nicely as a general purpose lens too.

But you can make out a case for any lens, nice for the photographer, less so for the wallet!

You do need to be much more focussed on what you want it for.
rparmar
Posted 11/04/2009 - 23:52 Link
I have both the DA35/2.8 and the Vivitar Series 1 105/2.5. Both are at the top of their class. The former sits on my K100DS permanently, since it can be used in "P" mode by the whole family and is a general all-rounder... that just happens to focus as close as you want. It is the ultimate flower lens. The Vivi is big and heavy and has incredibly precise manual focus, unlike any other lens I have tried. Steady this on a monopod and you have a great bug lens. Also good as a fast telephoto. Sharp!
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.
Galoot
Posted 12/04/2009 - 00:43 Link
Mannesty, you are becoming the new George, although I hope the "old" George is still with us , love it, must have another glass of 'medicine'
Mannesty
Posted 13/04/2009 - 10:47 Link


George is still around but he was away for a while. I thought I'd stand in for him. Somebody has to try and keep up the standards. Lens(e) indeed

Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
golfdiesel
Posted 13/04/2009 - 11:27 Link
sanderscapes wrote:
I've got the sigma 50mm Ex lens a superb lens with only one drawback' you have to be prepared to get right on top of your subject
I have that one to. It is a lovely lens but not very well suited for insects and such. The mostly fly, run, crawl away when a huge black "eye" approaches them at a few cm...
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo