Berlin (3) Kunstgewerbemuseum

Sry

Link Posted 01/10/2019 - 22:00
Finally managed to process these shots from the Berlin decorative arts museum, after half-sorting out my too-many-pixels-for-my-old-laptop new camera problems... Some of these are processed in Acdsee, some in Darktable - DT has a tough learning curve but I hope I'll get along with it as time goes by. I can definitely see which images were processed in which software...

Anyway...

alfpics

Link Posted 01/10/2019 - 22:41
I rather like no 2 and 4. I'm not sure I can tell which software was used but at a guess 1,3 and 4 were done in the same programme!
Andy

pschlute

Link Posted 01/10/2019 - 23:21
I dont think these are as good as your previous Berlin pictures, but interesting nonetheless. I like 11 especially for the simple tones, diffused light and shadows.
Peter

My Flickr page

danofmk

Link Posted 02/10/2019 - 16:49
One of my absolute fave sets posted on here in a long time.

7 blew me away. 9 also a fave.

A lovely coherent set, and plenty of originality.

Yours, enviously.....

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 04/10/2019 - 10:36
Super set Serge as per... particularly like the half reflections of 1-3... there's a lovely layered effect, a depth, to the compositions... 7 is beautiful too, almost like they're blowing in the wind... and 10 has another subtle set of layers and reflections going on... the movement of the figure vs the stillness of the composition really set each other off nicely... really imaginative set...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Sry

Link Posted 11/10/2019 - 21:45
A belated thanks for all your thoughts.

Andy - actually, no, 1 and 4 are the same, not 3 But I didn't mean to set up a guess-the-software challenge Just wondering out loud at the learning curve, I suppose, as I didn't quite get to where I wanted with darktable. A work in progress...

Peter - These were taken in Berlin, but I suppose they really belong to my 'museum' series rather than any city-specific one - a different state of mind, to which one may be less receptive (which is all good of course).

Dan - thank you for the praise, I must admit 7 is one I am particularly happy with...

Bill - you are spot on, layers and depth(s), and from there pretence, truth, imaginings... are a big part of what I'm looking for in my photography. Museums offer a fabulous playground for me in that respect (visually, but also thanks to their often very quiet acoustic space).

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 13/10/2019 - 08:19
Like these, some good compositions here and I like the mono treatment
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 50mm macro - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

ronniemac

Link Posted 13/10/2019 - 12:15
There's so much to enjoy in these carefully crafted photographs.

Sry

Link Posted 13/10/2019 - 18:18
Thank you both, Gareth and Ronnie.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.