Bempton Cliffs 30th May 2014
Posted 31/05/2014 - 17:40
Link
Very nice set Alan. Particularly like Gannet 2 and the sparrow.
I was there about a week ago and all shots were wrecked due to plagues of black flies everywhere. All my images look as if the sensor is covered in dust!
I actually set off for a repeat visit yesterday morning but due to a traffic snarl up - diverted to Saltburn/ Sandsend/ Whitby instead.
I do tend to go up there at least once a month so if you fancy a meet at some point - let me know.
Carl
I was there about a week ago and all shots were wrecked due to plagues of black flies everywhere. All my images look as if the sensor is covered in dust!
I actually set off for a repeat visit yesterday morning but due to a traffic snarl up - diverted to Saltburn/ Sandsend/ Whitby instead.
I do tend to go up there at least once a month so if you fancy a meet at some point - let me know.
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 31/05/2014 - 18:01
Link
Great set of images.I am really tempted to go for the DA* 300
Peter
Peter
Posted 31/05/2014 - 19:18
Link
Hi Alan
I like the fulmar and the last gannet shot
I am going to flamborough and bempton next weekend for four days
And a sea bird cruise from brid hope the weather's kind
I like the fulmar and the last gannet shot
I am going to flamborough and bempton next weekend for four days
And a sea bird cruise from brid hope the weather's kind
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter
Panasonic Dmc Fz200
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter
Panasonic Dmc Fz200
Posted 31/05/2014 - 20:30
Link
Full of interest . Really like the last Gannet shot - unusual to see the feet like that
Posted 31/05/2014 - 20:33
Link
Nice shots. Making me wonder about getting the 1.4x tele again after deciding the 1.7x was good enough...
gtis wrote:
Hi Alan
I like the fulmar and the last gannet shot
I am going to flamborough and bempton next weekend for four days
And a sea bird cruise from brid hope the weather's kind
Hi Alan
I like the fulmar and the last gannet shot
I am going to flamborough and bempton next weekend for four days
And a sea bird cruise from brid hope the weather's kind
Posted 31/05/2014 - 21:50
Link
Seems like a good day. Tree Sparrow, Gannet's 1 & 5 are good. The Fulmar I really like. But are you sure that Preening Kittiwake is not deceased!!!!!
Farne Islands to follow
Farne Islands to follow
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 31/05/2014 - 22:30
Link
Great pictures, full of life and interest. I'm really tempted to get a camera
Steve
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Posted 31/05/2014 - 23:11
Link
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
For what its worth, taking a second look ....
the sparrow doesn't look quite right, although I'm very impressed with the detail. Problem was shooting against the sky.
LOL at Barrie and the kittiwake.
I've got mountains of out of focus fulmars. The flight path is quite predictable, but they're so damned fast.
Of the gannets, I like gannet 2 best. This was in difficult light with the birds being in bright sunlight with the background in deep shadow. Difficult to judge the point of take off, and trying to also get the eye in focus on both birds.
Carl, pity we didn't get the chance to meet up again. I didn't know I was going until after 8pm the night before. Maybe next year - I'll just go once a year
For what its worth, taking a second look ....
the sparrow doesn't look quite right, although I'm very impressed with the detail. Problem was shooting against the sky.
LOL at Barrie and the kittiwake.
I've got mountains of out of focus fulmars. The flight path is quite predictable, but they're so damned fast.
Of the gannets, I like gannet 2 best. This was in difficult light with the birds being in bright sunlight with the background in deep shadow. Difficult to judge the point of take off, and trying to also get the eye in focus on both birds.
Carl, pity we didn't get the chance to meet up again. I didn't know I was going until after 8pm the night before. Maybe next year - I'll just go once a year
Posted 03/06/2014 - 21:31
Link
nice shots sir
- -
Mike
Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Mike
Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Posted 03/06/2014 - 22:04
Link
Impressive lack of CA on the sparrow mind.
3 is a lovely image, the last is good, takes a while for a non gannet expert to work out those are feet.
3 is a lovely image, the last is good, takes a while for a non gannet expert to work out those are feet.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4248 posts
16 years
Blyth,
Northumberland
Here's a small selection. The 1st pic and the last 2 pics were with the 300 only. The remainder also had the 1.4x attached.
Grateful for any C&C
Tree Sparrow by Alan Wennington, on Flickr
Preening Kittiwake by Alan Wennington, on Flickr
Preening Kittiwake 2 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr
Fulmar by Alan Wennington, on Flickr
Gannet 1 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr
Gannet 2 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr
Gannet 3 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr
Gannet 4 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr
Gannet 5 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr
PPG
Flickr