beike gimbal head

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 06/01/2015 - 21:01
Can anyone tell me if beike gimbal heads are any good or not

50mpCMOS

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 00:09
I can answer that one quite specifically.

When it comes to photography gimbal heads relating to the Beike company name...

The Chinese made good were "once" considered as knock off products, and in some countries (to this very day) they are also considered as forgeries. In some instances with the Beike gimbal heads (on some of their models) they were copied literally from Wimberely models which cost in excess of five times as much.

Some claim that the knock off Beike models actually work better, but only to a point.

It really depends upon the amount of weight the product is supporting, In which case it's basically a gamble.

I've actually had tripod support products fails with over 5k++ of gear on top of them. Guess what though? The company whose product failed actually completely reimbursed me, and then some -quite outstanding customer service.

I'm not sure if I would trust the weight ratings of a product with the Beike name on it; especially to gear that is not easily replaceable

Helpful

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 14:37
Weight rating says 12kg in advert, I would not be putting even 6kg on it

gwing

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 15:24
Yes they are very good. I'm happy with mine.

For the price, even twice the price.

Just don't expect quite the same finish and smoothness as something costing 4x as much

Helpful

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 19:23
Before you buy try LensMaster, small British company, great product, great service, great pricing. I bought one recently for a SMC Pentax 500mm f4.5 and it is very good indeed. Checkout their reviews on the birding forums.
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

Helpful

Blythman

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 20:07
SteveEveritt wrote:
Before you buy try LensMaster, small British company, great product, great service, great pricing. I bought one recently for a SMC Pentax 500mm f4.5 and it is very good indeed. Checkout their reviews on the birding forums.

Its what I use with my 560mm
Alan

PPG
Flickr

Helpful

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 20:44
Blythman wrote:
SteveEveritt wrote:

rh1 or 2 thinking of cashing in a pension and getting 560 towards end of year

Blythman

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 20:49
The number 2
Alan

PPG
Flickr

dcweather

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 23:47
Blythman wrote:
SteveEveritt wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me too! Can't fault it really for the price. I've actually got the basic L shape without the swinging arm so have to put the lens mount to the side but works great.
Dave

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 08/01/2015 - 13:10
Bought from lensmaster I know I will have after sale service should I need it and have bought British which is always a good thing
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.