Beach life

neilr
Posted 29/10/2009 - 13:34 Link
A few from the beach in September. all C+C welcome.

1) looking for crabs.
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/radicalwood/HUNTINGFORCRABS.jpg[/IMG]

2) its my spade.
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/radicalwood/beachlife.jpg[/IMG]

3) digging for gold
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/radicalwood/metaldet1.jpg[/IMG]

4) the Pier.
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/radicalwood/paigntonpier1.jpg[/IMG]

cheers
Neil
Dr. Mhuni
Posted 29/10/2009 - 15:05 Link
Lovely colours in all of them - I guess that's the light. They're also all pleasingly crisp images. Compositionally, I find 3 the most interesting, though 2 is more interesting subject-wise. For me 2's slightly let down by A. the narrow crop & B. the bird on the left being too close to the edge. I like the positioning of the man and boy and waves behind though. In 1 I'd say the woman was too close to the edge, but I like the way the water flows through the scene from front to back. 4 doesn't work for me. The pier is too small and there's too much sky. It may have worked if you'd kneeled down and attempted to get closer to the birds so they took up more of the frame with the pier behind. But as it stands neither the birds nor the pier really commands my attention.

What lens/camera did you use?
Mhuni

500px
Edited by Dr. Mhuni: 29/10/2009 - 15:07
neilr
Posted 29/10/2009 - 15:44 Link
Dr, thanks for the full and comprehensive comments, all of the photos have been cropped in some form so I will have a go at them again.

My Camera is the k100ds lens is a 50-200 not sure of make.

following picture straight from camera, think I was looking a keeping the people towards the left third on this when I did the crop.
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/radicalwood/IMGP3481.jpg[/IMG]

any suggestions?

cheers
Neil
darlene
Posted 29/10/2009 - 22:38 Link
I really like #1 great colour...I think if any cropping is to be done it should be to the right...#2 crop to the left...#3 well done...#4 the water is focus,to much sky,and beach...Nice shots all the same.
Edited by darlene: 29/10/2009 - 22:39
Dr. Mhuni
Posted 30/10/2009 - 04:55 Link
Neil, I'd do a similar crop to your original one but leave more space on the left.

The lens is probably the Pentax or Samsung 50-200.
Mhuni

500px
Edited by Dr. Mhuni: 30/10/2009 - 04:58
neilr
Posted 30/10/2009 - 12:46 Link
cheers all, thanks for the comments. still leaning

neil

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo