Get 10% Off Eversure Camera Insurance Today!

Battery problems with Ist DL2

Error
  • You need to be logged in to vote on this poll

kudjusi

Link Posted 16/04/2017 - 20:29
Thanks - I had come across the Eneloop suggestion and had added it to my list of things to try if I was unable to get the camera working with the other batteries - I will bear them in mind for when the current betteries need replacing.

barkin

Link Posted 16/04/2017 - 20:55
Important point with rechargeables - use a decent (smart) charger.

If it'll only charge 2 or 4, and won't charge a single cell on its own, it's not a decent charger.

I used to have these kind of problems with a K-x, solved by:

*Setting the camera to 'NiMH rechargeable'
*Using Eneloops
*Getting a decent charger

davidwozhere

Link Posted 17/04/2017 - 00:49
My istDS would discharge a set of batteries overnight if I left them in. I tried every sort of battery in existence. Finally I decided it had to be the contacts, so I looked and found that those on the door had been compressed over the years and hardly exerted any pressure at all on the battery ends. I pried them outwards so that there was resistance when I closed the door. No further problems.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Tinyives

Link Posted 30/01/2019 - 16:14
Hi
....and if anyone's still having battery power indicator issues........

try switching the ON/OFF spin button ON & OFF rapidly

Most times after a few tries my Pentax *ist dl2 slr decides to show full battery power!
not sure but the battery power might even be running thru this ON/OFF switch which ages, so giving it a good 'seeing to' sometimes sorts it out! Good luck!
Last Edited by Tinyives on 30/01/2019 - 16:21

roberrl

Link Posted 30/01/2019 - 19:10
Just speculation based on what I've read here but I wonder if this may be to do with the internal battery which powers the clock and other long term needs. Given that a DL2 is pretty vintage now this may have fully discharged and the practice of leaving fresh batteries in the camera with it switched on may recharge that internal battery.

JohnX

Link Posted 01/02/2019 - 15:54
This thread started nearly 10 years ago, but it got me thinking about all the members who are no longer active on the forum. Can't help but wonder what happened to them.

Froggy

Link Posted 01/02/2019 - 16:31
I have this problem with flash guns, my Kr and long ago my K 200. Could it be that rechargeables are 1.2v whilst alkaline and lithium are 1.5v.
4 x 1.2 = 4.8v whilst 41.5 = 6v.
Just a thought.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.