Bargain Pentax flash

lemmy

Link Posted 20/02/2011 - 18:10
I went into PC World in Fulham yesterday to replace a defunct wifi router.
As I usually do, I had a nose around the cameras having bought some good bargains there before.

And there was a Pentax AF-360FGZ flash - brand new, obviously, boxed, guaranteed etc - for 99. I know Pentax flashes aren't cheap so I bought it without the research I normally do before buying.

It's paid off on this occasion. A lovely flash - and listed at 269 at SRS. All I have to do now is wait for my sensor blobbed K5 replacement to arrive!

I bought a Pentax 35mm f2 there a while back for 150 - I do like bargains but I wonder why they let stuff go so cheaply?
lemmy
My Home Pages, Cartoons and Videos

Don

Link Posted 20/02/2011 - 18:18
London Drugs is the same here... you have to check every time as you never know when, for no apparent reason, a big discount will be waiting.
I got a 35 2.4 for $169.00 cdn when it was $279.00 everywhere else in the city!
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

Dangermouse

Link Posted 20/02/2011 - 19:04
It's probably due to different business models. SRS view their stock as an investment which will sell eventually and isn't damaging them to keep around. PC World meanwhile see stock which has sat around for ages as something in dire need of selling and will drop their prices to little above trade in order to do so.

It's worth keeping an eye on Amazon too - they occasionally drop prices dramatically on some items.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.