Back in the Day

johnriley

Link Posted 13/05/2020 - 15:56
I've been scanning loads of old images, all shot by me in what my 8-year-old grandson described as "the olden days" or more commonly known as the 1980s. Ouch indeed. This one is doing very well on EPZ and was shot by me between 1975 and 1980 using a Pentax SP 1000 and probably the standard 55mm f/2 lens. It seems a sobering thought that an image that looks positively vintage was actually shot by myself.....

This is Leigh, Lancashire and we lived there is our first little terraced house, which looked like this:

Both these scenes are probably still there, albeit with yellow lines and cars in the first instance and perhaps a new lick of paint in the second.
Best regards, John

pschlute

Link Posted 13/05/2020 - 19:44
That first one has character John. 1980's are olden days....oh gosh, no hope for me then.
Peter

My Flickr page

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 13/05/2020 - 20:39
You can just imaging Gene Hunt in his Ford Cortina GXL speeding by in these images..
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

Defragged

Link Posted 14/05/2020 - 00:07
Just magic! Especially the first image.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

davidwozhere

Link Posted 14/05/2020 - 00:09
The first one just oozes nostalgia. At least your past still exists. Mine was bulldozed and buried beneath an industrial estate!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.