B&W tree and fence
Posted 31/05/2016 - 21:57
Link
I love the tree image! Brilliant angle, great detail, a sense of awe looking up .... The processing treatment seems to enhance the qualities also.... Very effective plus you used the time of day to full advantage capturing the strong contrast.
The fence doesn't have much impact for me .... It's a good technical idea that maybe needed a different realisation, for example I can imagine it would work well if the single in-focus element was actually further along into the picture, with OOF areas all around it, sort of drawing the eyes in. As it stands I just see the one focal point but then there's noting else to look at ....
The fence doesn't have much impact for me .... It's a good technical idea that maybe needed a different realisation, for example I can imagine it would work well if the single in-focus element was actually further along into the picture, with OOF areas all around it, sort of drawing the eyes in. As it stands I just see the one focal point but then there's noting else to look at ....
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 31/05/2016 - 22:08
Link
I agree with Nigel. That knob, for example, must be oozing texture judging from the various paint jobs it has received. It shouts for high contrast against the background supporting cast. The *ist image is in another category completely !!
Posted 01/06/2016 - 07:32
Link
The tree is very impressive.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 01/06/2016 - 07:36
Link
As above. The tree shot is excellent.
Best regards
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 01/06/2016 - 08:38
Link
Thank you all.
To be honest that tree photo was buried on my disk for last few years still in colour, until last week I've stumbled on it while looking through all my photos. I gave it some B&W treatment and it looks way better than original. One of the forgotten gems I'm sure everyone got somewhere.
I wonder if that fence would be better if I've focused on one of the further knobs? Reverse the out of focus area?
Greg
To be honest that tree photo was buried on my disk for last few years still in colour, until last week I've stumbled on it while looking through all my photos. I gave it some B&W treatment and it looks way better than original. One of the forgotten gems I'm sure everyone got somewhere.
I wonder if that fence would be better if I've focused on one of the further knobs? Reverse the out of focus area?
Greg
Pentax K-3 II, DA 50/1.8, Sigma 18-35/1.8, DA* 300/4, 1.4x HD DA Converter
Posted 01/06/2016 - 10:08
Link
Tree-mendous shot
The angle is good whilst the composition is superb, I think that's what really makes it such a successful image! The processing tops it off nicely - great to see big on Flickr
The angle is good whilst the composition is superb, I think that's what really makes it such a successful image! The processing tops it off nicely - great to see big on Flickr
LennyBloke
Posted 01/06/2016 - 11:20
Link
As above... really like the tree shot... great pov and composition...
Best
Best
Posted 01/06/2016 - 14:06
Link
Now I'm going to go against the grain! I do like the opening image but the bottom of the image for me is too much. I prefer the top half only as a square crop.
The fence image oozes a lovely bokeh that dissolves away quickly from the subject in focus. I can see that being used to good effect with other subjects
The fence image oozes a lovely bokeh that dissolves away quickly from the subject in focus. I can see that being used to good effect with other subjects
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


148 posts
13 years
IMGP4103.jpg by Grzegorz Furmanski, on Flickr
IMGP2999.jpg by Grzegorz Furmanski, on Flickr