Autumn Abstracts & Highlights
Posted 04/11/2014 - 16:35
Link
Very good Nigel, your exploration of the darker depths has paid off!
Best regards, John
Posted 04/11/2014 - 16:57
Link
johnriley wrote:
Very good Nigel, your exploration of the darker depths has paid off!
Also, I think some images would make good B&W conversions. 1,3 and 6 perhaps. If you aren't familiar already, Google Minor White. Among his many images were B&W abstracts created from high contrast nature shots. They often featured a lot of black like 1 and 6.
Very good Nigel, your exploration of the darker depths has paid off!
Posted 04/11/2014 - 18:57
Link
Some great autumn colors there Nigel. 3 and 6 stand out for me - 3 for the rich colours and texture - 6 for the abstract minimalist feel.
Carl
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 04/11/2014 - 20:32
Link
Nice set - i love the last one Nigel
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.
Check out ones photographs on Flickr!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
Check out ones photographs on Flickr!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
Posted 04/11/2014 - 20:57
Link
Very good set Nigel, these are different from your norm and all the better for it. I like the under-exposure approach, it has paid off in spades here.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 05/11/2014 - 16:49
Link
Lovely, Nigel! This is the kind of thing I keep trying to do with not much success so far, so I'm very impressed. The only one I'm not sure about is no. 5 - I find the out-of-focus right-hand side very distracting, but all the others are superb, especially since, as David says, they are so different from your usual style.
John
Posted 05/11/2014 - 17:56
Link
Like these very much Nigel. Lovely light, nicely composed too. 1,2, and 4 for me. I remember speaking to a theatre lighting designer once and asking him what his favourite lighting set up was: he said "sidelighting, because of the depth".
Best
Best
Posted 06/11/2014 - 14:41
Link
johnriley wrote:
Very good Nigel, your exploration of the darker depths has paid off!
Thanks! Lucky though I've only got a K7, or you never know what I might have uncovered down in those dark depths Very good Nigel, your exploration of the darker depths has paid off!
Thanks to all of you for the kind comments ... I'll definitely get out in those dark woods again soon! As suggested I'll also try mono conversions of those ones and post them here soon.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 08/11/2014 - 18:25
Link
An excellent experiment with outstanding results, I particularly like Nos1,2 & 6 the light and detail and close up single subject is what I like about them
Malc
Posted 08/11/2014 - 22:11
Link
Yes some very nice shots Nigel, lovely colours . Also I'm always impressed by your 75-150, it produces some superb photographs.
Posted 09/11/2014 - 19:01
Link
NEW MONO VERSIONS !
There you are , some blatant promotion ... I've taken up RussV's suggestion and made conversions of 4 of these, with a little bit of contrast and levels type tweaking .... would be great to know if they work!
Thanks also to jemx, Will and Malc for your recent comments, and to all the others above again ...
Here are the 4 mono versions ....
1)

2)

3)

4)

There you are , some blatant promotion ... I've taken up RussV's suggestion and made conversions of 4 of these, with a little bit of contrast and levels type tweaking .... would be great to know if they work!
Blythman wrote:
Like these Nigel. With the last one, artistic nude springs to mind
Hmm, you've given me an idea for a joint woodland shooting project with another Pentaxian .... anyone know TIMBO'S NUMBER ??? Like these Nigel. With the last one, artistic nude springs to mind
Thanks also to jemx, Will and Malc for your recent comments, and to all the others above again ...
Here are the 4 mono versions ....
1)

2)

3)

4)

My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


5986 posts
14 years
Surrey,
England
All with the K7 and Pentax M75-150 f4.
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
Thanks all for viewing and all comments or ideas welcome!
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver