Autofocus article-worth a read....
Posted 24/01/2011 - 07:59
Link
Thanks for this. Most interesting.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 24/01/2011 - 09:07
Link
Very interesting and informative. Thank you
Kind regards
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
Posted 24/01/2011 - 10:57
Link
Well that site has just been 'favouritised' Thanks for a very good link
Posted 26/01/2011 - 23:09
Link
Never mind AF, I just wish that I could turn off the stupid diopter adjustment on the viewfinders. I wear contact lenses and getting it back to the 'middle' setting after knocking it accidentally is a real pain.
Posted 27/01/2011 - 07:14
Link
MrCynical wrote:
Never mind AF, I just wish that I could turn off the stupid diopter adjustment on the viewfinders. I wear contact lenses and getting it back to the 'middle' setting after knocking it accidentally is a real pain.
Funny that, I find it wonderful I can adjust the viewfinder so that I don't have to wear my glasses! Even my FED2 has viewfinder adjustment even though it is a rangefinder! Never mind AF, I just wish that I could turn off the stupid diopter adjustment on the viewfinders. I wear contact lenses and getting it back to the 'middle' setting after knocking it accidentally is a real pain.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 27/01/2011 - 07:32
Link
womble wrote:
K.
Yeah, but just a mark/depression to indicate the center point does seem like a design omission. Wife needs it full left which is easy, but getting it back to the center for me is not. The cynic in me makes me think that Pentax wants us to buy another body!
MrCynical wrote:
Never mind AF, I just wish that I could turn off the stupid diopter adjustment on the viewfinders. I wear contact lenses and getting it back to the 'middle' setting after knocking it accidentally is a real pain.
Funny that, I find it wonderful I can adjust the viewfinder so that I don't have to wear my glasses! Even my FED2 has viewfinder adjustment even though it is a rangefinder! Never mind AF, I just wish that I could turn off the stupid diopter adjustment on the viewfinders. I wear contact lenses and getting it back to the 'middle' setting after knocking it accidentally is a real pain.
K.
Posted 27/01/2011 - 07:38
Link
Like Kris, I am happy that the adjustment is available. But I wouldn't rely on a centre dent to set the lever. I always look in the viewfinder while adjusting to ensure that the engraved lines appear as sharp as possible.
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 27/01/2011 - 08:16
Link
Excellent article, many thanks for the link.
Until a post on here the other week, I never really knew hot to adjust diopter properly (my old Km had no focus screen). Now my focus screen is pin sharp and even my contact lens covered coratacona (sorry about spelling there !) eye sees everything pin sharp
Until a post on here the other week, I never really knew hot to adjust diopter properly (my old Km had no focus screen). Now my focus screen is pin sharp and even my contact lens covered coratacona (sorry about spelling there !) eye sees everything pin sharp
Posted 27/01/2011 - 09:21
Link
great link
ta
ta
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6419 posts
17 years
Even shows the istD viewfinder (a truly simple, uncomplicated design).
Lots of other interesting reading also on this site. Read the paragraphs on dynamic range at the bottom of the home page. Food for thought. Not parting with my digital spot meter or Sekonic just yet....
link
Best regards