Auto 110 Super D

Anonymous
Posted 13/06/2003 - 02:40 Link
I am the proud owner of a Pentax Auto 110 Super and after twenty years it's still in use and still takes great pics. I have photgraphed everything from the Pope in Korea in 1987 to the not so famous Chinnango Canal ruins in New York. Every time I show some one the camer they are amazed that they never heard of it or if they did they never knew anyone who had one. Lately when I show it to some one they usualy ask, "is that a digital ?", don't I wish. I feel that the timing wasn't right when they first introduce the Auto 110 but now would be a great time to get ahead of the curve and reintroduce it as a digital. At 3 or 4 megapixle, the resolution would be great and unlike all the other 3 to 4 megapixle cameras on the market now, you would be able to use more than just one lens. It would be a great alternative for the semi-pro or the wanta be pro that can't quite swing the big bucks for the *ist D. Imaging it with an auto focus system? A three megapixle camera runs about $250. and a film SLR body goes for about $200., that adds up to about $450. Why do digital SLR's run about $1,500. for just the body? You can't very well fit a *ist D in your pocket or purse. I have been toying with the idea of taking an Auto 110 and gutting it so that I could be stuffed with a digital and then slaping an LCD monitor on the back. "It could happen".
What do you think? I'm sure the engineer had all he could do to convince his boss ther first time they came up with the Auto 110. I can almost hear his boss now, "a what...a 110 SLR...who do you think we are, Minolta?". I believe this dream could be a winner. Let's face it, Start Trek was a flop at first untill it went into syndication and now six or seven movies later and four spin off series, Geane Roddenberry is a legend. My hat's off to the creator of the Auto 110.
Regards,
Rob Osterndorff
Clinton, NY, USA
Anonymous
Posted 18/11/2003 - 00:49 Link
I want to buy a Pentax Auto 110 super and the Safari Auto 110. Will buy both or singly. Please email me direct at
[email protected]

All offers are appreciated.......

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo