Armenia - Monasteries, Mountains...

McGregNi
Posted 31/03/2014 - 11:37 Link
All the praise is well deserved Its a very effective selection of travel shots. I think the indoor ones are special, both for the lighting and colours as well as for showing some places I doubt many of us will have seen. The one through the arch with the mountains far away is brillaint - such clear air!
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
chaude
Posted 31/03/2014 - 19:19 Link
Finally someone likes my personal favourite! Andrew has made my day...or have you said that to make me happy!

Gwing, I have to say, nice edit but that really looks nothing like what the place actually looked like....it was certainly very yellow, if anything a golden haze to the pine trees in the foreground would be most realistic, also there's a raindrop that I brushed away, very poorly, in iPhoto, which is at around the 8pm position from the monastery..

I'm more than just flattered, as I have never really received such feedback from so many experienced photographers.

More of a discussion, has anyone got any hints or tips about editing these shots, especially the wide angles? I only have a simple de-fishing plugin, that works well, but I'm never so sure how to edit contrast/colours etc...I use aperture, but have used lightroom when I owned a PC, and am thinking about getting it for the mac if I can...

Cheers guys!
gwing
Posted 31/03/2014 - 22:30 Link
chaude wrote:
Finally someone likes my personal favourite! Andrew has made my day...or have you said that to make me happy!

Gwing, I have to say, nice edit but that really looks nothing like what the place actually looked like....it was certainly very yellow,
Yellow? We can do more yellow. There is a limit to how much can be dragged out of the shadows though - without really cheating and painting on stuff.

Comment Image
jemx99
Posted 31/03/2014 - 23:28 Link
Superb shots - and I love the wide angle ones!
chaude
Posted 03/04/2014 - 17:26 Link
Thank you so much people. I am really flattered.

By chance, there is a photo competition at work so I might enter a few of them, it's for a patient healing centre and it'll be landscape shots of places visited!

And I was also luckily in touch with the guidebook publisher and the are doing a new edition that's due out in september, and they had a look at the photos and may pick some for publishing! So, I'm more than just lucky this time!
jeffstclair
Posted 03/04/2014 - 19:58 Link
Speachless.... fantastic set of photos I don't have a favourite yet .... thanks for posting ...jeff..

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo