Arghhhhh!!!! Goodbye K10D
Posted 19/11/2015 - 06:52
Link
top display that weeds out even more
Posted 19/11/2015 - 12:48
Link
The K50 had two dials Yves also had TAV, SV and Hyper Program etc, in fact it did everything and more over the K10D, I would have been quite happy to accept one if there was a grip available and it had the top screen.
I used the top screen a lot as I tend to disturb, the control dials while carrying the camera round in the hand, been able to see the cameras settings at a glance is very important to me.
The grip while making the camera much more comfortable to use was of less importance, although I wouldn't fancy doing a day shooting portraits without one or handling something as small as the K50 with the Bigma attached, so under those circumstances a grip is a definite requirement.
Anyway it's all water under the bridge now and the K3 will be ordered as soon as the settlement gets into my account.
I used the top screen a lot as I tend to disturb, the control dials while carrying the camera round in the hand, been able to see the cameras settings at a glance is very important to me.
The grip while making the camera much more comfortable to use was of less importance, although I wouldn't fancy doing a day shooting portraits without one or handling something as small as the K50 with the Bigma attached, so under those circumstances a grip is a definite requirement.
Anyway it's all water under the bridge now and the K3 will be ordered as soon as the settlement gets into my account.
Posted 19/11/2015 - 17:40
Link
Alan, I bought a generic battery grip for my K10 but this made it weigh so much I never used it. The idea of "a day shooting portraits" with one makes me blanch.
I'm sure you'll come to love your K3: everyone speaks very highly of it.
I'm sure you'll come to love your K3: everyone speaks very highly of it.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 19/11/2015 - 19:54
Link
Grips are like Marmite
The only genuine grip I had was on my K20D which went to "cardiffgareth" all the others I've had have been third party and I have to admit I've not been impressed with the longevity of any of them.
The only genuine grip I had was on my K20D which went to "cardiffgareth" all the others I've had have been third party and I have to admit I've not been impressed with the longevity of any of them.
Posted 20/11/2015 - 16:05
Link
I never use a grip because carrying cameras and lenses around all day is quite enough weight without adding to it. People say it helps to balance the camera, especially with a long lens attached, but never having used one I have got used to working without it. For action shots I have the camera in continuous drive mode and I've never had a battery run out of power on me so I don't feel the need.
David
David
Posted 21/11/2015 - 09:22
Link
I'm the opposite, so used to the grip on the K7, that it feels like a toy when I try it without!
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 21/11/2015 - 09:41
Link
I saw this K10D for sale on the forum and remembered this thread. I'd say the price is good.
https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/k10d-camera-shutter-count--5505-55117
https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/k10d-camera-shutter-count--5505-55117
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Posted 21/11/2015 - 10:18
Link
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
I saw this K10D for sale on the forum and remembered this thread. I'd say the price is good.
https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/k10d-camera-shutter-count--5505-55117
That's a damned good price, if SRS come up with some good deals for Black Friday and I have anything left I could be temptedI saw this K10D for sale on the forum and remembered this thread. I'd say the price is good.
https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/k10d-camera-shutter-count--5505-55117
Having said that I need to buy a grip "out of my own pocket" so It's unlikely.
Posted 27/11/2015 - 09:27
Link
bwlchmawr wrote:
Yeah but if they've got a K10 for just over a ton. A K5 is nice but not that nice... And a K3's huge files will clog up your hard drive!
Tell me about it...
Yeah but if they've got a K10 for just over a ton. A K5 is nice but not that nice... And a K3's huge files will clog up your hard drive!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1603 posts
18 years
North of Montreal,Quebec,
Canada