Are photographers.......
Posted 23/09/2009 - 13:14
Link
Yes, because that is really all that matters
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 23/09/2009 - 13:18
Link
gartmore wrote:
Yes, because that is really all that matters
But I haven't seen any of it Ken Yes, because that is really all that matters
Howard
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
Posted 23/09/2009 - 13:41
Link
Yes of course, taking interesting/beautiful photos is why we're all here!
I think you might be confusing the comments in the various C&C threads. People posting there are asking for criticism - it's not a mutual admiration forum
I think apart from that rarest of beasts the 'perfect photo' (not sure if I've ever seen one of those!), even the greatest photos can be improved in some way, and that's what a lot of us are interested in - improving our photography.
I think you might be confusing the comments in the various C&C threads. People posting there are asking for criticism - it's not a mutual admiration forum
I think apart from that rarest of beasts the 'perfect photo' (not sure if I've ever seen one of those!), even the greatest photos can be improved in some way, and that's what a lot of us are interested in - improving our photography.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 23/09/2009 - 15:07
Link
thoughton wrote:
admiration forum
I think apart from that rarest of beasts the 'perfect photo' (not sure if I've ever seen one of those!), even the greatest photos can be improved in some way, and that's what a lot of us are interested in - improving our photography.
Well said.
admiration forum
I think apart from that rarest of beasts the 'perfect photo' (not sure if I've ever seen one of those!), even the greatest photos can be improved in some way, and that's what a lot of us are interested in - improving our photography.
The older I get the faster I was.
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Posted 23/09/2009 - 15:07
Link
hkwiles wrote:
Howard
Well I recently had lunch with some photographer pals and we talked about photographs, not photography.
gartmore wrote:
Yes, because that is really all that matters
But I haven't seen any of it Ken Yes, because that is really all that matters
Howard
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 24/09/2009 - 18:03
Link
hkwiles wrote:
Able to look at picture simply as a good composition or interesting subject , without having to disect the minutiae of the noise, sharpness etc etc . It seems looking round other the forums perfect exposure is the be all and end all of photography.
Howard
I've loved and still do love all forms of art, from architecture to photographs (not photography you see) since I was a small boy, but whether the picture is perfect never crosses my mind, this is because it's the subject matter that counts, if I like the image that's good enough for me, I have no desire the dissect the work/image to see if it improves my feelings. My favourite photographer is Tim Page, techically is work is probably not perfect, but it's his images that provoke emotion and thought in me, which is why I like his work so much.
Able to look at picture simply as a good composition or interesting subject , without having to disect the minutiae of the noise, sharpness etc etc . It seems looking round other the forums perfect exposure is the be all and end all of photography.
Howard
A poor life this, if full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare. W.H Davies
We have no time to stand and stare. W.H Davies
Posted 24/09/2009 - 18:12
Link
Yes, of course, take them all the time technically imperfect photos that is.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 24/09/2009 - 21:33
Link
For me photography is the science behind taking photographs. Good photographs are a blend of good technique and a good eye. However, with very powerful images technique is less important, it is all in the seeing. This image is one of the most powefull ever made, but technically it is not great.
Davex.
Davex.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


191 posts
17 years
Howard
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4