Aperture and my K20D
Posted 30/04/2009 - 08:56
Link
Aperture should cope with JPG & DNG (it may not cope with K20D PEF files though).
(And you may find there's an update to Aperture to handle the K20D PEF format anyway - there are always new RAW formats appearing!)
If you've shot in PEF, do not worry! Just download Adobe's stand alone DNG converter - this can take all your PEFs and convert them into DNG. Aperture should cope with the DNG files
...but maybe a Mac user can confirm!
Matt
(And you may find there's an update to Aperture to handle the K20D PEF format anyway - there are always new RAW formats appearing!)
If you've shot in PEF, do not worry! Just download Adobe's stand alone DNG converter - this can take all your PEFs and convert them into DNG. Aperture should cope with the DNG files
...but maybe a Mac user can confirm!
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 30/04/2009 - 09:13
Link
B1scuitmedia wrote:
*It would appear that my super new camera isn't going to work with my super old Mac.*
I've checked compatibility and it seems to suggest as much but is there a way round this. **I want to pull in my photos to iphoto and then play in Aperture.**
Have i buggered up?![Comment Image]()
*What mac? I got aperture running fine on a g5. heard it can be done on a g4 but is too slow to be worth the trouble.**It would appear that my super new camera isn't going to work with my super old Mac.*
I've checked compatibility and it seems to suggest as much but is there a way round this. **I want to pull in my photos to iphoto and then play in Aperture.**
Have i buggered up?
the RAW compatibility is in the OS not the Application. If you got leopard, and it is upto date, then Preview, iPhoto and Aperture will open the k20 Raw files. But only Aperture will let you customize your Raw processing and work on them as easily as iPhoto handles jpegs.
**that is about the worst way to do it...about as workable as going to your proctologist to get a tooth pulled.**
Aperture is designed to import, sort, and organize your images, then touch them up.
iphoto still has uses, but it is easier to share the images to iphoto from the aperture library.
resource 4 u:
link
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 07/05/2009 - 14:05
Link
Hey,
Which version of Aperture are you using? I have Aperture 2 and it works with my PEFs just fine.
And yes, the RAW support comes from OS. I don't know exactly how back those updates but Leopard supports it.
Which version of Aperture are you using? I have Aperture 2 and it works with my PEFs just fine.
And yes, the RAW support comes from OS. I don't know exactly how back those updates but Leopard supports it.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1 posts
17 years
I've checked compatibility and it seems to suggest as much but is there a way round this. I want to pull in my photos to iphoto and then play in Aperture.
Have i buggered up?