AP Sensor Test
Posted 27/02/2013 - 18:03
Link
I ended up buying the K5II rather than the IIs and to my surprise it produces images that are noticeably sharper than my K5, so something has changed other than improved low light focussing.
I tried a comparative test using a DA21mm (tripod, mirror up) using K10d, K5 and K5II. The shot taken with the K5 was a little sharper than the K10d and the K5II shot was significantly sharper still. I thought it might be just an oddity of that lens so I tried the same with a Sigma 24mm f1.8 - with similar results.
I've no idea what the technical explanation is for the improvement but I am well pleased
I tried a comparative test using a DA21mm (tripod, mirror up) using K10d, K5 and K5II. The shot taken with the K5 was a little sharper than the K10d and the K5II shot was significantly sharper still. I thought it might be just an oddity of that lens so I tried the same with a Sigma 24mm f1.8 - with similar results.
I've no idea what the technical explanation is for the improvement but I am well pleased
Regards, Philip
Posted 27/02/2013 - 19:24
Link
Could it be the AF is more accurate out of the box? Or did you test the AD accuracy with your original K-5
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 27/02/2013 - 21:48
Link
Smeggypants wrote:
Could it be the AF is more accurate out of the box? Or did you test the AD accuracy with your original K-5
That was my first thought when I tested with the DA21, which is why I also tried out another lens. I have not had opportunity to do a proper comparison with any other lenses yet, maybe I'll try the DA70 tomorrow if I get time.
Could it be the AF is more accurate out of the box? Or did you test the AD accuracy with your original K-5
Regards, Philip
Posted 28/02/2013 - 03:22
Link
Calibrate the AF on both cameras before compariing
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


24424 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester