Anyone use a Panny LX3 ?
Posted 14/05/2009 - 17:12
Link
From all the research I have done on the same subject, points to the LX3 over the G10. Have a look on dpreview at the user comments. The Pannys on my wish list.
Posted 14/05/2009 - 18:37
Link
I had an LX1 and didn't like the ergonomics or the sensor very much, but the lens was fantastic.
The LX2 sensor was even worse, but the LX3 does seem better, and the lens is better again.
Personally, I prefer the ergonomics, handling and construction of the Ricoh GX200, but again the sensor isn't as good as the earlier GX100.
The G10 is a nice camera and has several aficionados within the Pentax community, but the lens isn't as good as the LX3 or the Ricoh.
I recently tried an X70 at SRS and was quite impressed with it's small size and low weight, the IQ also seemed pretty decent. But it's really a different breed again.
I actually like my P&S to be really small and find something like the Optio P70 better suits my requirements, but I'm the first to agree that the IQ cannot match the above.
The LX2 sensor was even worse, but the LX3 does seem better, and the lens is better again.
Personally, I prefer the ergonomics, handling and construction of the Ricoh GX200, but again the sensor isn't as good as the earlier GX100.
The G10 is a nice camera and has several aficionados within the Pentax community, but the lens isn't as good as the LX3 or the Ricoh.
I recently tried an X70 at SRS and was quite impressed with it's small size and low weight, the IQ also seemed pretty decent. But it's really a different breed again.
I actually like my P&S to be really small and find something like the Optio P70 better suits my requirements, but I'm the first to agree that the IQ cannot match the above.
Posted 15/05/2009 - 08:45
Link
I like Richard prefer my point and shoot to be very small, I have C*** ixus 800 6mp camera and have had some pictures printed at A1 size. My pall who owned the a1 photo printer was very dismayed when he looked at the final prints, as he has Canon 1d mk2 and did not want believe what he was seeing.
A semipro. Wedding photographer spent a long time looking at the prints and refused to believe that it had been taken with such a small camera.
I think that a small camera with well balanced components (lens, censor and software) must be looked at in different light.
All the above doesn’t mean that my K10 will be going any time soon.
Jim
A semipro. Wedding photographer spent a long time looking at the prints and refused to believe that it had been taken with such a small camera.
I think that a small camera with well balanced components (lens, censor and software) must be looked at in different light.
All the above doesn’t mean that my K10 will be going any time soon.
Jim
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2106 posts
18 years
Mold,
North Wales
thanks
simon
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link