Anyone ever tried this for a cheap macro solution?

Snootchies
Posted 08/11/2012 - 10:27 Link
Seems an interesting idea...

link
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
jeeess1967
Posted 08/11/2012 - 10:39 Link
Well, not my cup of tea. My lenses are too precious for me and I don't think I have an unwanted lens to try this. Results seem ok.

Regards,

Jeeess
K-5, K-7 and K10D, Pentax 18-135 WR,18-55 WR,Pentax 28-105,Sigma 28-300, Sigma 28-80 (Macro) and Pentax 50-200 WR.
Charlotte
Posted 08/11/2012 - 11:22 Link
I have - wasn't very impressed I got much better results with a reversing ring and old manual lens or extension tubes and a m50mm tbh.

Charlotte
Snootchies
Posted 08/11/2012 - 11:57 Link
Might be interesting getting a used MKI or the 18-55DAL for about £20-£30 should it offer decent macro capability you then get (presumably) autofocus functionality.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
Snootchies
Posted 08/11/2012 - 12:03 Link
Charlotte wrote:
I have - wasn't very impressed I got much better results with a reversing ring and old manual lens or extension tubes and a m50mm tbh.

Charlotte
Fair enough! I won't experiment with this then. Thanks for sharing your experience Charlotte.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
johnriley
Posted 08/11/2012 - 12:14 Link
Might be better to try some simple close-up lenses first. Cheap and cheerful but stopped down quite a decent performance.
Best regards, John
Snootchies
Posted 08/11/2012 - 13:13 Link
johnriley wrote:
Might be better to try some simple close-up lenses first. Cheap and cheerful but stopped down quite a decent performance.
Do you mean the ones you screw onto the filter thread?
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
Algernon
Posted 08/11/2012 - 13:22 Link
A reversing ring is by far the cheapest

-
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
johnriley
Posted 08/11/2012 - 13:36 Link
Quote:
Do you mean the ones you screw onto the filter thread?
Yes, should be plenty on eBay. +1, +2 and +4 is a common set. They can be combined, with the strongest put on first.
Best regards, John
Charlotte

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo