Any thoughts on why this is so noisy?
Posted 10/05/2011 - 09:04
Link
I do not know, but I like the effect.
Colin
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
Posted 10/05/2011 - 09:11
Link
Can we see the complete EXIF? (preferably from 'exiftool')
Matt
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 10/05/2011 - 11:33
Link
Hi Matt. I will post exif when I get home.
Wierd thing is I don't remember taking this shot.
Wierd thing is I don't remember taking this shot.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com" target="_blank">
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/images/black_link_small.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
Posted 10/05/2011 - 13:00
Link
Karl wrote:
Hi Matt. I will post exif when I get home.
Wierd thing is I don't remember taking this shot.
It is the Turin shroud then
Hi Matt. I will post exif when I get home.
Wierd thing is I don't remember taking this shot.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 10/05/2011 - 15:17
Link
Has the camera applied a filter to the image?
Posted 10/05/2011 - 18:20
Link
I don't really like the colour banding so why not make it a monochrome image?
Posted 10/05/2011 - 18:48
Link
The EXIF data is here... http://www.flickr.com/photos/karlhockless/5704561551/meta/in/photostream
https://pentaxphotogallery.com" target="_blank">
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/images/black_link_small.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
Posted 10/05/2011 - 20:42
Link
How is the exposure of the photo?
It's better to slightly over expose when it comes down to noise so if you've bump up the exposure in processing than that's the reason.
It's better to slightly over expose when it comes down to noise so if you've bump up the exposure in processing than that's the reason.
Posted 11/05/2011 - 09:30
Link
I have only ever seen this kind of notice on my K10D when I push an ISO1600 shot by two stops or turn off DFS and use bulb mode...
Posted 11/05/2011 - 09:34
Link
Your friend Bob looks like jesus and i think monochrome
playing firm but fair all the way
Posted 11/05/2011 - 10:34
Link
I have one similar to this when trying to check for any stains on the K7.
Shot a white sheet not worring about focus one shot was too close about half min focus distance,maybe less.
It was pixilated in browns,light,darker to redish browns.
Jack.
Shot a white sheet not worring about focus one shot was too close about half min focus distance,maybe less.
It was pixilated in browns,light,darker to redish browns.
Jack.
K5iis,K7,KM, MG, Super A, MZ50.
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
http://c759846.r46.cf2.rackcdn.com/img/black_link.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
Posted 11/05/2011 - 11:33
Link
I think fatspider has hit the nail on the head.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



531 posts
17 years
Leeds,
The North
It's a shot of my friend Bob.
Exif is only showing 500ASA and the flash went off, so any ideas why it is so noisy?
The image has an almost canvas look to it. I don't know how it happened but I really like it. I've cropped it and cloned a few things out.