Another Pentax Q Case
Posted 08/05/2012 - 11:12
Link
I don't like the idea of camera bags advertising the contents.
Posted 08/05/2012 - 12:22
Link
A quick look at the Chinese websites finds some lovely old-style leather camera holders (front detaches leaving the camera half encased in leather) with accompanying little matching cases (all slip on your belt) for the different lenses. Very nice.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 08/05/2012 - 12:30
Link
sledger wrote:
I don't like the idea of camera bags advertising the contents.
Well I reckon that most thieves are well aware of the concept of expensive gear being 'concealed' in anonymous looking bags and will go for anything that can be easily snatched / slashed, on the basis that it might contain a camera / phone / tablet etc.
I don't like the idea of camera bags advertising the contents.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 08/05/2012 - 16:43
Link
I'd have thought that the only point of having a Q at all is that it's so small. So that you can slip it into another bag - like a handbag - and not have to carry a camera bag at all.
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Posted 08/05/2012 - 16:46
Link
Not the only point Chris, but certainly one way to consider it.
I showed the bag with camera + three lenses to my brother-in-law and his wife and they immediately wanted one. They thought it would be fantastic for air travel, the whole lot weighing in at just 500g. No doubt many others will latch onto that as another possible path.
I showed the bag with camera + three lenses to my brother-in-law and his wife and they immediately wanted one. They thought it would be fantastic for air travel, the whole lot weighing in at just 500g. No doubt many others will latch onto that as another possible path.
Best regards, John
Posted 08/05/2012 - 17:12
Link
johnriley wrote:
I showed the bag with camera + three lenses to my brother-in-law and his wife and they immediately wanted one. They thought it would be fantastic for air travel, the whole lot weighing in at just 500g. No doubt many others will latch onto that as another possible path.
Yes, I guess so. Does it really really give you more versatility and better IQ than a high end compact would?I showed the bag with camera + three lenses to my brother-in-law and his wife and they immediately wanted one. They thought it would be fantastic for air travel, the whole lot weighing in at just 500g. No doubt many others will latch onto that as another possible path.
If so it would be worth considering where light weight was needed, for sure.
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Posted 17/08/2012 - 20:29
Link
John,
What are the internal dimensions of this case please?
Thanks
Dave
What are the internal dimensions of this case please?
Thanks
Dave
Posted 17/08/2012 - 20:34
Link
125mm wide, 85mm deep, 100mm high approx. There are two movable dividers inside and two slot pockets on the outside ends.
Best regards, John
Posted 17/08/2012 - 20:52
Link
Thanks John.
It's look ok for the
1.the body with the prime fixed plus the viewfinder attached and the zoom in a separate divided area.
2. The body with the zoom eyepiece attached plus the prime and viewfinder in a separate compartment(s) if I've done my calculations properly.
Am I correct in assuming that?
Also, does it have a belt loop as well as a shoulder strap?
Thanks
Dave
It's look ok for the
1.the body with the prime fixed plus the viewfinder attached and the zoom in a separate divided area.
2. The body with the zoom eyepiece attached plus the prime and viewfinder in a separate compartment(s) if I've done my calculations properly.
Am I correct in assuming that?
Also, does it have a belt loop as well as a shoulder strap?
Thanks
Dave
Posted 17/08/2012 - 22:00
Link
The larger compartment will fit body + any lens + viewfinder where apprpriate. The two smaller compartments will fit any two lenses plus viewfinder, perhaps even three lenses.
Best regards, John
Posted 17/08/2012 - 22:09
Link
Cheers John. I think I'll order one.
Dave
Dave
Posted 22/08/2012 - 18:52
Link
A word of warning. I ordered one of these cases from Amazon and a GEM branded one arrived apparently 'to fit a Pentax Q. You will not be surprised to know it was sent straight back!
Dave
Dave
Posted 04/09/2012 - 20:32
Link
Would it take th Q with the two standard lenses and the battery charger plus a coupe of spare batteries?
Posted 04/09/2012 - 21:13
Link
endure wrote:
Would it take th Q with the two standard lenses and the battery charger plus a coupe of spare batteries?
I think no, that would be pushing it. Why have a compact camera and then carry the charger? I use two batteries and rotate them. Plenty of room for a spare battery!
Would it take th Q with the two standard lenses and the battery charger plus a coupe of spare batteries?
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


24425 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester
This one is a nicely made case that holds the camera with a lens plus two other lenses. It's lightweight and compact and it feels slightly odd to be carrying an entire kit that weighs almost nothing.
These cases are available in grey and white, but it's interesting that, like the neoprene ones, they are only on Amazon. I can't see any sign of them from any of the regular suppliers such as SRS or Park. There's also no mention on the Pentax website.