An Evening Railway Shoot


bforbes

Link Posted 23/10/2016 - 12:45
Last night Tanfield Railway held a photographic evening allowing access to normally off limits locations.

All taken with K1 and either Sigma 24-70/f2.8 or 17-35/f2.8-4















Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Chrism8

Link Posted 23/10/2016 - 13:03
The first one's a cracker Barrie
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax FA 24 - 70 F2.8

Sigma 100-300 F4, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8,

K5iis - Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Sigma 70 - 300 F3.5/F5.6, Sigma 18 - 200 F3.6 / F4.5.
Last Edited by Chrism8 on 23/10/2016 - 13:03

Blythman

Link Posted 23/10/2016 - 13:09
Very good Barrie. Wish I'd been able to go.
Alan


PPG
Flickr

Carol8345

Link Posted 23/10/2016 - 13:48
Lovely set of images, 1 and 3 are my favorites.
My Instagram

StephenHampshire

Link Posted 23/10/2016 - 15:22
No 3 is a cracker, I've often wondered about trying to get a shot of a fogman and his brazier, well done for that
Everything Changes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/

K10D

Link Posted 23/10/2016 - 15:42
Very good images Barrie, the processing works really well.

Best regards

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 23/10/2016 - 18:06
A fine set. I like the sleeping lad.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

bforbes

Link Posted 24/10/2016 - 09:31
Thank you all for your kind comments. It was a good night and I might have taken a lot more shots If rain had not stopped play. The K1 may be weather sealed but I was not.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

davidtrout

Link Posted 24/10/2016 - 10:11
bforbes wrote:
Thank you all for your kind comments. It was a good night and I might have taken a lot more shots If rain had not stopped play. The K1 may be weather sealed but I was not.

Wimp, a good soaking has never done me any harm.
This looks like a good night of photography Barrie, you have some superb images there.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

StephenHampshire

Link Posted 24/10/2016 - 12:42
bforbes wrote:
Thank you all for your kind comments. It was a good night and I might have taken a lot more shots If rain had not stopped play. The K1 may be weather sealed but I was not.

Rain adds to the atmosphere!! You had a good night anyway, some excellent shots. I'd be interested to see the results from the K1 at high ISO on shots like these - what was the highest you used that night??
Everything Changes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 24/10/2016 - 13:11
I'm liking the last two images the best. Nice set
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

bforbes

Link Posted 24/10/2016 - 14:23
davidtrout wrote:

Wimp, a good soaking has never done me any harm.
This looks like a good night of photography Barrie, you have some superb images there.
David

Thank you David, for those few kind words

StephenHampshire wrote:

I'd be interested to see the results from the K1 at high ISO on shots like these - what was the highest you used that night??

The Engine Shed, Luggage and Engine are taken at ISO3200. The inside and outside of the Signal Box at ISO12800 and that was the highest on the night

cardiffgareth wrote:
I'm liking the last two images the best. Nice set

Thanks Gareth, everyone seems to have their own favourites
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

StephenHampshire

Link Posted 24/10/2016 - 14:39
bforbes wrote:
davidtrout wrote:

Wimp, a good soaking has never done me any harm.
This looks like a good night of photography Barrie, you have some superb images there.
David

Thank you David, for those few kind words

StephenHampshire wrote:

I'd be interested to see the results from the K1 at high ISO on shots like these - what was the highest you used that night??

The Engine Shed, Luggage and Engine are taken at ISO3200. The inside and outside of the Signal Box at ISO12800 and that was the highest on the night

cardiffgareth wrote:
I'm liking the last two images the best. Nice set

Thanks Gareth, everyone seems to have their own favourites

Thanks for the info Barrie...that shot outside the signal box is really nice, especially at such high ISO.
Everything Changes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.