Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Allsorts

Chrism8
Posted 06/10/2022 - 15:16 Link
Decided with yesterday's not very good weather to have a mooch around a supermarket and see what's shoot-able, having done the usual flowers and Fruit / Veg thing, thought I'd try a genre I'm not comfortable with.

Very open to constructive suggestions on the 3 below please.

1

Comment Image


2

Comment Image


3

Comment Image
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 06/10/2022 - 15:39 Link
For 'a genre I'm not comfortable with.' these are excellent. It's the reflection you've created that appeals. The black background is intensely black which adds to the effect.

The liquorice allsorts are my favourite of the three.
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
Edited by Urbanmeister: 06/10/2022 - 15:40
Spad
Posted 06/10/2022 - 17:37 Link
These are brilliant!!! Well shot
The Legendary Terry Pratchett once said:
At the beginning there was nothing... which exploded
richandfleur
Posted 07/10/2022 - 00:32 Link
Love this, well done.
davidwozhere
Posted 07/10/2022 - 00:45 Link
Time well spent. They are all first class!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Lubbyman
Posted 07/10/2022 - 08:47 - Helpful Comment Link
Technically excellent and composition spot on.

The last one is my favourite. Unfortunately, the cream in the first two doesn't work for me. I think it's because it doesn't look like it has been poured on in preparation for being eaten, so what's the message? Am I missing something?

Steve
LennyBloke
Posted 07/10/2022 - 09:45 Link
Superbly done Chris - my attempts in this field are miles away from your standards

p.s. I'm hungry now
LennyBloke
Chrism8
Posted 07/10/2022 - 09:56 Link
Lubbyman wrote:
Technically excellent and composition spot on.

The last one is my favourite. Unfortunately, the cream in the first two doesn't work for me. I think it's because it doesn't look like it has been poured on in preparation for being eaten, so what's the message? Am I missing something? Steve

Not necessarily Steve, I did pour the cream over both the cake and the fruit pie during the 4 second exposure ish on both, I didn't like the effect particularly with the reflection, so I painted them out. SOOC version as below.

Comment Image
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Lubbyman
Posted 07/10/2022 - 23:12 Link
Hmmm... I can see why you got rid of the stream of cream and its reflection, it doesn't fit. But I do like the softness of the edges of the flows and pools of cream. It hints at motion and is good foil for the static sharpness of the cake (pie? tart? ).

Steve
Chrism8
Posted 08/10/2022 - 10:31 Link
Lubbyman wrote:
But I do like the softness of the edges of the flows and pools of cream. It hints at motion and is good foil for the static sharpness of the cake (pie? tart? ).Steve

Version 2, a half-way house ish

Comment Image
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
pschlute
Posted 08/10/2022 - 12:44 Link
Worthy of a product photography award.
cardiffgareth
Posted 09/10/2022 - 10:39 Link
Chrism8 wrote:


Not necessarily Steve, I did pour the cream over both the cake and the fruit pie during the 4 second exposure ish on both, I didn't like the effect particularly with the reflection, so I painted them out. SOOC version as below.

Comment Image

I like this one the best but all well taken
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Graham_A_E
Posted 09/10/2022 - 14:30 Link
Number three for me but all are excellent and look delicious!!

Best wishes,

Graham

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.