Album Printing
Posted 24/11/2008 - 11:19
Link
Looks prefect, will register and look into it further. Thanks for your help, hopefully a few more will be posted and I can compare them.
Posted 24/11/2008 - 12:37
Link
Just got everything set up. The software is nice and easy to use and the price is what I was expecting for the printing/assembly.
I am assembling a few screen mock-ups for them to choose but this is a little difficult as I am missing all the photos from the 2nd photographer (my partner) as she hasn't had a chance to even look at them yet.
One wedding under my belt and part way to a portfolio
It is a long time to the next one though, August...
I am assembling a few screen mock-ups for them to choose but this is a little difficult as I am missing all the photos from the 2nd photographer (my partner) as she hasn't had a chance to even look at them yet.
One wedding under my belt and part way to a portfolio
It is a long time to the next one though, August...
Posted 25/11/2008 - 01:43
Link
just to add something....you can alway print ya own.
Spicer Halfield (sp) do albums to produce excellent Book style Albums.
Some of these you can print up to 10x10 inch pages and place them on each page, self adhesive....makes a great looking Album....
Just a thought
Duncan
Spicer Halfield (sp) do albums to produce excellent Book style Albums.
Some of these you can print up to 10x10 inch pages and place them on each page, self adhesive....makes a great looking Album....
Just a thought
Duncan
K20D. fab camera
K10 (brilliant Digital)
MZ-S (brilliant film camera, still use it for B&W)
K10 (brilliant Digital)
MZ-S (brilliant film camera, still use it for B&W)
Posted 25/11/2008 - 10:32
Link
I've used Loxley Colour for all my wedding albums, and I (and the clients!) have been very pleased with how they've turned out.
I use the Designer Pro software to design/layout the album, and also use it to provide the proofs for the bride and groom to approve. You can email them the PDF or print it out to show them in person.
Loxley are not the cheapest, but the quality is top notch, and I like the constant contact they have with you as they check the album before printing, pointing out where images are a little soft or where the trimming process might remove something you didn't want removing! They also colour profile everything too, so it should be as you saw it.
I'd recommend them to anybody.
I use the Designer Pro software to design/layout the album, and also use it to provide the proofs for the bride and groom to approve. You can email them the PDF or print it out to show them in person.
Loxley are not the cheapest, but the quality is top notch, and I like the constant contact they have with you as they check the album before printing, pointing out where images are a little soft or where the trimming process might remove something you didn't want removing! They also colour profile everything too, so it should be as you saw it.
I'd recommend them to anybody.
Posted 26/11/2008 - 12:43
Link
It is good to know that I can export a PDF for them to aprove as I will not see them for a month and need to present my ideas to them. I hope they like the style of the work I've done.
Then when I next meet them I should be able to present the finished product.
Good to see an other person using Loxley as it gives me more confidence in their work and products.
I wouldn't print my own as I can't afford a fuji colour laserlab contraption and then getting the pictures mounted perfectly is nerve wrecking. If someone else assembles my design with a guarantee of precicion and experience then that is good.
Then when I next meet them I should be able to present the finished product.
Good to see an other person using Loxley as it gives me more confidence in their work and products.
I wouldn't print my own as I can't afford a fuji colour laserlab contraption and then getting the pictures mounted perfectly is nerve wrecking. If someone else assembles my design with a guarantee of precicion and experience then that is good.
Posted 03/02/2009 - 20:33
Link
Update:
Album is all printed and delivered to me Very fast and very well put together. I am going to deliver it personally on the 28th of Feb.
In the meantime it is staying in its box to keep it protected.
Album is all printed and delivered to me Very fast and very well put together. I am going to deliver it personally on the 28th of Feb.
In the meantime it is staying in its box to keep it protected.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2176 posts
19 years
West Midlands
I have a problem though. I know a few places to get prints done but not many which will use Fujifilm paper when printing albums. They will only use Inkjet which I'm not too happy about. I know the album will live most of its life closed but even then I want this to be high quality and long lasting.
Anyone know of a good place to get the printing done? Preferably somewhere with an on-line service as I have my day job to get on with and not much time to travel.
I am going to produce a smallish album with one to two prints per page showing the main wedding and formal photos, and have a CD with the photos from the reception to go with it.
Dan
https://www.flickr.com/photos/honourabletyr/