After the First Frost

Lubbyman
Posted 19/11/2022 - 22:16 Link
Last night produced the first frost of the season. Nothing much and it melted as soon as the sun was on it. But it tempted me to take the K3 out of the house for the first time in a long time before going for a Covid jab. There was nothing spectacular to see, although summer is still trying to hang on in odd corners of flower beds. Anyway, here are the best of the bunch. All with K3 + F 135mm.

Thoughts, comments etc. welcome as usual.

1. Sempervivums look good with drops of frost or dew on leaf edges.
Comment Image


2. This heuchera won't stop flowering.
Comment Image


3. A geranium still hanging on.
Comment Image


4. Also hanging on is the obligatory autumn leaf - a contorted hazel.
Comment Image


5. The bird bath was still in shadow...
Comment Image


Steve
bforbes
Posted 19/11/2022 - 23:22 Link
Stunning colours
davidwozhere
Posted 20/11/2022 - 00:53 Link
I've often been tempted by the F135mm. You are putting temptation before me again!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
LennyBloke
Posted 20/11/2022 - 10:07 Link
colour, shadow, contrast, sharpness - you've got them all, nice little set Steve
LennyBloke
reso
Posted 20/11/2022 - 11:36 Link
Very nice great colours
k5iis sigma 10-20 hsm tamron 17-50 pentax da 18-135 pentax A 50 f 1;1 7
pentax da*60-250 pentax da 55-300 sigma apo 150-500 hsm os pentax af1.7 adapter
Pentax af aw 1.4 rear converter and a flash
takuman
Posted 20/11/2022 - 12:35 Link
Regarding F 135. Just go for it, I lost control completely! Comment Image
Just passing thru
Lubbyman
Posted 20/11/2022 - 21:55 Link
Thanks, folks.
davidwozhere wrote:
I've often been tempted by the F135mm. You are putting temptation before me again!
Lennybloke put temptation in my way when resistance was low. It's now a favourite lens for plants and flowers. If you find one, grab it, they don't seem to be very common.

Steve
davidwozhere
Posted 20/11/2022 - 23:24 Link
I nearly bought it but you got there first - my wallet was grateful !
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Posted 21/11/2022 - 13:41 Link
Great stuff, David. I also agree with reso's comment re. the colours you've caught here.
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
Lubbyman
Posted 21/11/2022 - 17:15 Link
Urbanmeister wrote:
Great stuff, David.
Thanks for the nice comment. But er... I think I was called Steve last time I checked... Just checked again... Yes, must be Steve 'cos that's what Mrs L. calls me...

davidwozhere wrote:
I nearly bought it but you got there first - my wallet was grateful !
Pleased to have been of help .

Steve
Posted 21/11/2022 - 17:51 Link
Lubbyman wrote:
Urbanmeister wrote:
Great stuff, David.
Thanks for the nice comment. But er... I think I was called Steve last time I checked... Just checked again... Yes, must be Steve 'cos that's what Mrs L. calls me...

Steve
I'll get my coat...
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
cardiffgareth
Posted 29/11/2022 - 22:33 Link
3 and 5 for me but a lovely set as a whole
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
davidwozhere
Posted 30/11/2022 - 01:22 Link
No, I never took those photos, Honest,
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo