Advice please on Q10
Posted 09/02/2014 - 17:59
Link
I doubt that there are many on here that have much, if any, experience of using both of those. The Q10 is a system camera while the Sony has just its zoom lens so they aren't even similar.
Do they both do raw files? The Q10 does but I've no idea about the Sony.
Is the zoom lens on the Sony any good - some long zooms are quite a compromise optically but no idea about that on the Sony (this is Pentax User after all!) The Q10 lets you use a prime lens - the Sony will not.
I reckon you need to go with your gut feeling after trying both models - surely its a personal decision for your wife to make at the end of the day and choose whichever she will feel most comfortable with. The Sony is an all in one solution, the Q7 is like a mini DSLR system.
Do they both do raw files? The Q10 does but I've no idea about the Sony.
Is the zoom lens on the Sony any good - some long zooms are quite a compromise optically but no idea about that on the Sony (this is Pentax User after all!) The Q10 lets you use a prime lens - the Sony will not.
I reckon you need to go with your gut feeling after trying both models - surely its a personal decision for your wife to make at the end of the day and choose whichever she will feel most comfortable with. The Sony is an all in one solution, the Q7 is like a mini DSLR system.
John K
Posted 09/02/2014 - 18:28
Link
Agree with John, I don't know how many camera you handled, but as we're on Pentax user and you've brought a Sony compact into the equation I think you should at least take a look at the Pentax MX-1, comes in well under budget and produces superb results as can be seen on the forum.
Posted 09/02/2014 - 18:40
Link
Yes, the MX-1 is well worth consideration. It isn't a super zoom but its lens is good quality. The sensor is larger than the one in the Q10, in fact the same size as that on the new Q7 - have you considered one of those?
John K
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


19 posts
17 years
Worcester
I am just looking for advice on the Q10 (once a Pentax user, always a Pentax user!) as I can see the benefit of the K to Q adaptor and the ability to use some of my glass on the camera. Also there is a good deal on the Q10 at SRS which makes it about £40 cheaper.