Advice please FA 31 LTD

giofi

Link Posted 07/03/2010 - 17:28
I have recently purchased an FA 35 2.0, of which I am very happy.
Now I have the opportunity of buying a FA 31 ltd for 600 euros. It is in as new conditions, only a few months old and I think it was never used.

My heads tells me I do not really need it, I should invest my money elsewhere. But I have read so much about it that I wonder if this is an offer one cannot refuse.

I would really appreciate your views.....
Giorgio

Pentax Photo Gallery

mikew

Link Posted 07/03/2010 - 17:39
Don't you find the 35/f2 pretty stunning? I know I did. Spend the money on other focal lengths like to 70ltd. But really you want someone to tell you that your heart is right - so go for it!
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.

giofi

Link Posted 07/03/2010 - 17:57
thanks for your comment Mike! Actually you have a very good point in the first part of your reply, I guess a 70 ltd would be a great portrait lens!
Giorgio

Pentax Photo Gallery

mikew

Link Posted 07/03/2010 - 19:10
It is a bitingly sharp lens with the excellent Pentax rendering of colours. It also very compact but sadly no longer as cheap as you'd wish - I got one for £300 as I recall.
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.

hefty1

Link Posted 07/03/2010 - 19:10
I would buy it for 600 euros - try it out and if you don't prefer it to the 35 you can always sell it on again for the same (or possibly more) money.
Joining the Q

womble

Link Posted 07/03/2010 - 19:42
hefty1 wrote:
I would buy it for 600 euros - try it out and if you don't prefer it to the 35 you can always sell it on again for the same (or possibly more) money.

I agree. You shouldn't have any problems selling it on again at that price.

Where did you say it was for sale, BTW?

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

giofi

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 18:32
I think you convinced me. I will take it!

Kris, the lens it's in Finland. But if I should decide I do not want to keep it, I will let you know
Giorgio

Pentax Photo Gallery
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.