advice for cleaning
Posted 04/02/2008 - 17:36
Link
On my K10D, a Giottos Rocket Blower is good enough for 'normal' dust where the DR system fails to remove it. For really stubborn dirt I use an Arctic Butterfly from Visible Dust. I haven't had to use the Butterfly much.
My *istD needs a wet system, Eclipse fluid (or straight methanol) to clean it thoroughly, but staining can be difficult to avoid.
The K10D has a special coating over the sensor cover and an equally special cleaner may be required which is version 2 of Eclipse fluid. I've never needed to use a wet system on my K10D . . . so far.
My *istD needs a wet system, Eclipse fluid (or straight methanol) to clean it thoroughly, but staining can be difficult to avoid.
The K10D has a special coating over the sensor cover and an equally special cleaner may be required which is version 2 of Eclipse fluid. I've never needed to use a wet system on my K10D . . . so far.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Posted 04/02/2008 - 19:33
Link
K5, LightRoom 5
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
Posted 04/02/2008 - 21:11
Link
Nor the Giotto air blower, nor the biult-in dust removal system have done the job cleaning the sensor.
I've read about cleaning agents, but I don't like the idea of liquids on the sensor. Can the Arctic from Visible Dust do the job ?
Has anyone experienced the mirror brush, chamber clean and focusing screen swabs.
Thanks,
André
Belgium
I've read about cleaning agents, but I don't like the idea of liquids on the sensor. Can the Arctic from Visible Dust do the job ?
Has anyone experienced the mirror brush, chamber clean and focusing screen swabs.
Thanks,
André
Belgium
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


322 posts
20 years
Switzerland