Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

Dwight-Morton

Link Posted 28/04/2008 - 22:26
Hi

This past Saturday at Latow Photographers' Guild Annual Seminar, held at their home of the Burlington Art Centre and featured "Michael Reichamn" of the "Luminous Landscape" as I won a copy of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, and just installed it on my notebook as this desktop for the WEB is a Windows '98 machine.

My question does anyone recommend a book for me to learn this application, I am coming from using Canadian application of Corel Paint Shop Photo Pro X2 which allows me to edit the RAW with Pentax *ist DL2.

Everyone have a wonderful week,[/b]

Malo1961

Link Posted 28/04/2008 - 22:39
Hi,
Just download this tutorial. It's better than any book on the market IMO.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/videos/LR-V1.shtml
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

justgetoutandride

Link Posted 29/04/2008 - 07:23
I had a book on lightroom for christmas, an excellent aid to using the software, the only problem is that the software has been updated several times with slight improvements and new features, and now there is the ver. 2 beta program in the mix.

I have martin evenings book, can't remember the name now though.
Please call me aj,

I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)

http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery

ishpuini

Link Posted 30/04/2008 - 15:19
There's the book by Martin Evening (The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers) indeed (with a downloadable update for the new features in version 1.1). This details all aspects of the interface with some nice ideas in terms of creative use.

Scott Kelby (The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)) also wrote one (also update downloadable for 1.1 features) which is slightly different as it's in his known style. I.e. not explaining all features, but detailing a few How-To scenarios that are really worthwhile and teach you a lot about getting the most from Lightroom.

As with their Photoshop books, I found that both authors have come up with books that provide a complementary approach, hence I got both of them. I will probably do the same once version 2.0 is out.

Wim
Grew up and still growing up with Pentax (P50->SFXn->*istDS->K10D->K20D)

Dwight-Morton

Link Posted 01/05/2008 - 04:17
Thanks, I guess I will be searching for them in AMAZON in a few movements in time.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.