Adobe hacked

redbusa99

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 10:31
it seems Adobe have had a serious hack attack resulting in peoples personal details ,passwords and card /payment information has been compromised, also source code was hacked as well. i apologise if this is old news but only just come across it on dpreview. i thought it was important to the users of CC also it appears it could affect purchasers of stand alone as well.
odd lens or 2

Flickr
Last Edited by redbusa99 on 05/10/2013 - 10:32

gartmore

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 13:15
I had an email from them yesterday:
"We recently discovered that attackers illegally entered our network. The attackers may have obtained access to your Adobe ID and encrypted password. We currently have no indication that there has been unauthorized activity on your account. If you have placed an order with us, information such as your name, encrypted payment card number, and card expiration date also may have been accessed. We do not believe any decrypted card numbers were removed from our systems. "
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Gamka

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 13:28
And Adobe want the cloud based system with monthly charging! So, everyone's details including their cards will be held on a live data base that has been hacked. It has happened once so without a major redesign and rebuild it could easily happen again.

layingback

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 22:15
Gamka wrote:
And Adobe want the cloud based system with monthly charging! So, everyone's details including their cards will be held on a live data base that has been hacked. It has happened once so without a major redesign and rebuild it could easily happen again.

Actually twice.
My PENTAX Page

Gamka

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 00:33
layingback wrote:
Gamka wrote:

Actually twice.

Just reinforces the point.

I want to keep my data and information close to me and not in a location I have no control over.

gartmore

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 08:47
Every time you open an online account with anyone it can happen, it was Lakeland a few weeks ago
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

cabstar

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 12:34
Wow wonder why they don't use a seperate card handling company. If theyve been storing personal data with credit card data that's a really bad security flaw.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

LittleSkink

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 12:56
this link below is quite enlightening

looks like they didn't actually get passwords themselves but may have some info about cards - who knows

link
Last Edited by LittleSkink on 06/10/2013 - 12:56

tyronet2000

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 18:37
Went to download LR 5.2 and was requested by Adobe to change my password. If anyone gets into my bank account they may feel sorry for me and put some money in
Regards
Stan

PPG
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.