Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Adaptall 2 mount for Ricoh

GaryJohn
Posted 10/07/2013 - 16:26 Link
I am ideally after an Adaptall PK-A mount but baulk at paying £50 for one as I manage this hobby on a very tight budget, however I have seen a mount described as 'Adaptall 2 mount for Ricoh PK' which appears to have more going on [in terms of contacts etc] than the basic PK-M mount but yet doesn't look like a PK-A mount. Does anyone know if this has auto metering and whether it can be adapted for Pentax use [I know Ricoh lens mounts need a bit of fiddling with]. I have also seen some DIY efforts to convert a PK-M to a PK-A mount, but I think that's a bit beyond me. Many thanks Gary
Mike-P
Posted 10/07/2013 - 16:46 Link
I have a PK-A mount you can have for a little cheaper than £50. It has a problem in that the contacts don't quite line up correctly and so it wont auto meter etc but if you move it back slightly (just before the click when the lens locks on the body) then it's fine. It's usable like that or if you are mechanically minded it may well be correctable.
GaryJohn
Posted 10/07/2013 - 17:22 Link
I'm up for a bit of DIY - within reason - and I would be interested in your offer. Let me know what figure you have in mind. I'll also keep an eye on this thread in case someone comes up with a wonder-solution on the Ricoh mount. You just never know.
Mike-P
Posted 10/07/2013 - 17:34 Link
I reckon £30 delivered would be fair?
GaryJohn
Posted 10/07/2013 - 17:52 Link
That seems very reasonable - thank you. Perhaps you could PM me with how you would like to be paid.
GaryJohn
Posted 10/07/2013 - 19:18 Link
All sorted - thanks Mike, appreciate your prompt response to the post and supportive offer.
Best regards, Gary
Mike-P
Posted 10/07/2013 - 20:09 Link
Thanks Gary, will get it posted within the next few days.

Mike.
GaryJohn
Posted 13/07/2013 - 22:00 Link
Received today and seems to work OK - using with a Tamron 28mm f2.5 which I'm looking forward to trying out.
Many thanks Mike for the item and the prompt posting. Much appreciated. Gary

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.