A Welsh Sunset (or two)

Mike-P
Posted 12/10/2012 - 12:21 Link
Well an interesting trip to Wales, had a couple of decent days and some not so good. Had a nice beach just 2 minutes walk from the caravan and got some reasonable sunset shot.

Not really my thing but I was pleased with them. K-5 and DA* 60-250mm or Sigma 12-24mm DG EX.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


And a sunrise.

Comment Image
tyronet2000
Posted 12/10/2012 - 12:28 Link
Lovely set Mike , I like them all
Regards
Stan

PPG
Slovak
Posted 12/10/2012 - 12:29 Link
Wow, great shots, Mike! I especially love the second one, the one with the birds... and the storm in the Sun's southern hemisphere
Stuey
Posted 12/10/2012 - 12:30 Link
I like these

Numbers 2 and 4 were my favourites then I kept changing my mind - I like them all

And there was me thinking that you had to be in the pub before sunset
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
womble
Posted 12/10/2012 - 12:35 Link
Nice set, and I, too, like the second one best. Cheers, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
marklj
Posted 12/10/2012 - 13:41 Link
Rather a nice set.
geordie01
Posted 12/10/2012 - 16:20 Link
Lovely set Mike no's 1&2 for me.
DaveHolmes
Posted 12/10/2012 - 16:32 Link
I like 1 and 4 best but they all have lovely light... Bit jealous as I could do with a couple of day being 2 minutes from a beach...
........................................................................
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/
Blythman
Posted 12/10/2012 - 18:17 Link
Nice set Mike.#2 is a corker
Alan


PPG
Flickr
snappychappy
Posted 12/10/2012 - 18:31 Link
Lovely set Mike all have there strong points, always good when bad weather lets a glimpse of the sun through.
McGregNi
Posted 12/10/2012 - 19:44 Link
Great work there, thanks for showing us. Metering must have been a fair old challenge. 1 & 2 are really special. Colours and textures all blend together beautifully.

Only thing I'd wish for, if poss,on the wide angle shots, would have been a knees level viewpoint to really see those sand textures up close.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
davidstorm
Posted 12/10/2012 - 20:13 Link
Number 2 is clearly the 'stand-out' image in this set. They are all good, but the second one is head and shoulders above the others.

Great shots Mike, thanks for sharing them with us.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Gwyn
Posted 12/10/2012 - 20:34 Link
Have to agree with David on this, number 2 is the stand out shot.

You could sell that to holiday companies, for anywhere from Wales to the Caribbean too!

Hope it wasn't all as dreadful as you feared .
darkskies
Posted 12/10/2012 - 20:50 Link
Ditto. Great set, no. 2 being the beauty!
This space deliberately left blank.
Northgrain
Posted 12/10/2012 - 23:20 Link
"Not my thing". Pah! Great set. All strong, and I can see why #2 is the pull, but I'm also really drawn to #1 !

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo