A Warehouse and a Vapour Trail
Posted 18/10/2009 - 11:19
Link
Fantastic shot!
If I was to nitpick (and I never would, would I?) I would try to get the vertical lines vertical. It's only bothering me a bit, I think, because it is so close to perfection.
Excellent work!
Prieni
If I was to nitpick (and I never would, would I?) I would try to get the vertical lines vertical. It's only bothering me a bit, I think, because it is so close to perfection.
Excellent work!
Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Prieni's PPG page
Posted 18/10/2009 - 19:26
Link
Thanks, guys.
I take onboard what you've mentioned.
I take onboard what you've mentioned.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 18/10/2009 - 19:35
Link
Superb image Paul, great composition, well seen.
I'm with them re verticals.
I'm with them re verticals.
Cheers
Ali
ist* DS & Ricoh GR
Ali
ist* DS & Ricoh GR
Posted 18/10/2009 - 19:35
Link
Pauly
I remember when you first posted this and there was debate as to whether the vapour trail enhanced or detracted.
I cannot remember what the consensus was, but I think it is a great shot with it included.
I remember when you first posted this and there was debate as to whether the vapour trail enhanced or detracted.
I cannot remember what the consensus was, but I think it is a great shot with it included.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 19/10/2009 - 07:55
Link
Hi Pauly
Love the image, this is right up my street, and the vapour trail in my opinion adds to the image.
Love the image, this is right up my street, and the vapour trail in my opinion adds to the image.
A poor life this, if full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare. W.H Davies
We have no time to stand and stare. W.H Davies
Posted 19/10/2009 - 16:31
Link
Alig, Peter, Mhuni and noddy', thanks.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 19/10/2009 - 19:23
Link
I love the gradations of tone in the wall. Very subtle.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 20/10/2009 - 18:30
Link
Thanks, George.
The colour version works well too. I'll post it up when I process it.
The colour version works well too. I'll post it up when I process it.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 20/10/2009 - 18:46
Link
I think that's an awesome shot Paul. Very minimalistic which is right up my street.
Do you know, half of me loves the vapour trail, yet I also think the image is so strong without it. The composition is perfect. The shot of the building is such that it almost turns into an art form, just the small black air ducts suggest that it is still a building.
Love the different shades of grey in the glass and the smooth tonality in the sky.
A truly stunning shot for me mate that I would seriously consider buying if on sale in a gallery. Well done!
Do you know, half of me loves the vapour trail, yet I also think the image is so strong without it. The composition is perfect. The shot of the building is such that it almost turns into an art form, just the small black air ducts suggest that it is still a building.
Love the different shades of grey in the glass and the smooth tonality in the sky.
A truly stunning shot for me mate that I would seriously consider buying if on sale in a gallery. Well done!
https://pentaxphotogallery.com" target="_blank">
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/images/black_link_small.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
Posted 20/10/2009 - 23:05
Link
paulyrichard wrote:
Thanks, George.
The colour version works well too. I'll post it up when I process it.
I suspected it might, but didn't dare ask! Thanks, George.
The colour version works well too. I'll post it up when I process it.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 21/10/2009 - 09:17
Link
Karl, thanks a lot for that.
Here is the colour version, George:
[IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/paulyrichard/planeparallelscolour1of1600.jpg[/IMG]
Here is the colour version, George:
[IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/paulyrichard/planeparallelscolour1of1600.jpg[/IMG]
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 21/10/2009 - 13:30
Link
I was expecting green, for some reason. The different shades of blue make a nice contrast with the sky, and the fact that there is effectively only one colour is most fortuitous.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1307 posts
17 years
W. Yorkshire,
UK
Plane Parallels
[IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/paulyrichard/planeparallels1of1sh5bor.jpg[/IMG]
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/