A wander in Liverpool
Posted 26/04/2013 - 08:48
Link
I love number 2!
I've been trying to get exactly that shot for a while now, but each time I've been in Liverpool with my camera the weather has been awful.
I never thought of trying it in B&W.
I'm not convinced the horizon is straight in the last one...or are my eyes playing up...again!
All in all a cracking set.
I've been trying to get exactly that shot for a while now, but each time I've been in Liverpool with my camera the weather has been awful.
I never thought of trying it in B&W.
I'm not convinced the horizon is straight in the last one...or are my eyes playing up...again!
All in all a cracking set.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 26/04/2013 - 10:19
Link
A very nice set of shots there, just love the processing and vibrancy of them, first shot for me, super.
Posted 26/04/2013 - 11:05
Link
#1 and #2 for me... great processing!
........................................................................
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/
Posted 26/04/2013 - 11:21
Link
I see you missed that chap biting that other chap
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Posted 28/04/2013 - 22:36
Link
Thanks for the comments chaps! And yes, Ted - I think you are right about the horizon. Good spot.
Posted 28/04/2013 - 23:15
Link
The third one is what attracts my eye the most, all are well shot, but this one is a little different.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 29/04/2013 - 12:12
Link
Yes a very interesting set ,there are some great buildings in Liverpool.Number three has my vote ..jeff
Posted 06/05/2013 - 12:23
Link
Yes, definitely another great set of shots..wish I could shoot architecture as well as that!! Really like the 3rd but find that out of them all the 1st appeals most mainly because of how the building fills the frame, really strong image I think.
Did you ever get around to selling your work in Chester?
Simon
Did you ever get around to selling your work in Chester?
Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 06/05/2013 - 14:40
Link
Very nice shots- I find them instantly recognisable as your photographs. You seem to have a common strand of shooting style and processing that runs through your work which is very much to my taste.
Posted 06/05/2013 - 15:50
Link
Really good set, 2 & 3 are my favourite
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 06/05/2013 - 16:21
Link
japers45 wrote:
I find them instantly recognisable as your photographs. You seem to have a common strand of shooting style and processing that runs through your work which is very much to my taste.
John, I really REALLY appreciate your comments. To have a specific 'style' which you recognise as my work, well, that's just brilliant and I can't ask for more.I find them instantly recognisable as your photographs. You seem to have a common strand of shooting style and processing that runs through your work which is very much to my taste.
And Simon - to answer your question, yes I'm having a measure of success selling my Chester work. The most recent of my prints sold were for these two, both were ordered at 40" x 30". Not small at all!
Image 1 Image 2
6 of my images are on display in a cafe in Chester with some more at a restaurant in nearby Frodsham. I've also recently done work with a Chester restaurant who wanted photos of their new menu, and I'm the official photographer at a 3 day music festival at the end of the month (really looking forward to that one!) It's all starting to take off a bit. Plus my website went live today too! I still have a day job as an IT Project Manager, but for the first time I'm seriously starting to believe that in a year or so I could be doing this photography lark full time. Exciting times.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1969 posts
17 years
Chester
My website (Hadfield Photography)
Pentax Gallery Artist page:link
Flickr Photostream: link