1. Too early for the band?

2. Too early for coffee?

3. Never too early for a prayer!

4. So which way should I go?

Pentax K1 MkII + DFA21/2.4 Limited
LennyBloke

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 10/12/2021 - 18:11
Seriously, seriously great images, LennyBloke, all of them. No1 resonates with me though for a number of reasons, not only technical, but also personal. My late father was in the military music world and played / conducted on band stands like this.

Great memories.
Be well, stay well.

RichardC

Link Posted 10/12/2021 - 18:31
All excellent, I also enjoyed the bandstand, in particular with the light coming through the trees. I spent a lot of times playing with brass bands and jazz bands on bandstands so it has a big sentimental draw for me also.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 11/12/2021 - 01:02
It's worth getting up early at this time of the year. Alas - I'm a stay-in-bed ! Super pictures with lovely rich colours.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 12/12/2021 - 18:31
The DFA 21mm looks to be very handy as a high quality walk-about lens, and your posts with pictures using the lens are doing it justice.

I've not held one yet, but from the specifications, the size and weight are acceptable to me. What are your thoughts on the handling of the lens when used with the K1?

The book co-operative is intriguing. Is this where you ended up?
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 12/12/2021 - 19:20
LongTimeLurker wrote:
The DFA 21mm looks to be very handy as a high quality walk-about lens, and your posts with pictures using the lens are doing it justice.

I've not held one yet, but from the specifications, the size and weight are acceptable to me. What are your thoughts on the handling of the lens when used with the K1?

The book co-operative is intriguing. Is this where you ended up?

The handling with the K1 is superb Nigel - the balance is just right (for my hands) and it's actually quite light for its appearance, the only thing that is a little strange is that when holding the combination to the eye and pressing for AF, the focus ring (which is metal ribbed) moves across your fingers. It's not a problem, just a bit strange!

As for the book co-operative - I've been in a few times but not found anything for me (as yet), but when I buy books online from Hive I do nominate them as my local bookshop to support.

This is the very shop (captured on the 21mm) ....

The photo is not distorted by the 21mm, it really is on a steep road leading up to the Malvern Hills
LennyBloke

HarisF1

Link Posted 12/12/2021 - 19:42
Beautiful little glimpse into your part of the world
All the gear with no idea

Benz3ne

Link Posted 12/12/2021 - 20:26
Gorgeous hometown you have there John, in Malvern. Iíve only fleetingly visited once but I ought to go back.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.