A question regarding the Limiteds' pouches...

kcmadr
Posted 07/11/2007 - 20:31 Link
Are they real leather, or not?

Being a male, I can't really tell the difference...
gartmore
Posted 07/11/2007 - 21:56 Link
I dont think you can 'hot-melt' Pentax into leather and they certainly dont have that gorgeous leather smell. I dont think Pentax have used leather for cases since the 80s - of course I'm ready to stand corrected

Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Mannesty
Posted 07/11/2007 - 22:00 Link
I actually haven't checked mine but if they are real leather they'll go in the bin. Leather has long been known for harbouring fungal spores and I certainly don't want my lenses affected by fungal infestation.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Kim C
Posted 07/11/2007 - 22:02 Link
They did use leather for the LX case. (The main reason it was 2 1/2 times the price of the others. However, neither the earlier coloured pouches or the more recent black ones for the Ltd leness feel like leather to me.

Kim

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo