A poster

womble

Link Posted 01/07/2012 - 18:50
When I was in Sibiu, Romania, I shot a set of images specifically with the idea of making a poster. As they were not shot using a Pentax (I used my Lubitel 2), I cannot post it here but hopefully am allowed to link to it: poster.

Comments, probably best through PM or on Flickr if you have an account, welcome.

Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

steven9761

Link Posted 01/07/2012 - 19:27
Kris - it certainly has the makings of a great poster. I also think it works a a picture postcard. If Sibiu were to produce a tourism brochure, it would also work as a front cover - the idea being that the many doors are the many entrances to the hidden treasures that may await visitors.

bforbes

Link Posted 01/07/2012 - 20:18
I like it Kris, a great panel. How did you decide what to put where
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

womble

Link Posted 01/07/2012 - 20:34
bforbes wrote:
I like it Kris, a great panel. How did you decide what to put where

Arranged the prints on the table and shuffled them around until I got something I liked!

Thanks for the nice comments. Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

techno-terminator

Link Posted 01/07/2012 - 21:08
Have to say I like it
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

SteveF

Link Posted 02/07/2012 - 13:02
Very nice Kris

Bord Failte (Irish Tourist Board) did the same thing with the Doors of Dublin in the early 80s. This featured the doors of the fabulous restored Georgian houses in the large formal squares which are a feature of Dublin.

This was countered by a conservation group who produced a similar poster showing the doors of the houses which had not been restored in protest. Much of Georgian Dublin was redeveloped in the 70s boom and was lost for ever, much to the disgust of the conservationists.

I have both posters, but they're too big for me to scan!

womble

Link Posted 02/07/2012 - 19:22
Hi Steve,

I've seen the original poster but I haven't seen the protest version. I've been thinking of doing something similar with brownstone stoops in NYC too.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.