A nice walk
Posted 07/10/2009 - 07:59
Link
It can certainly stand a second viewing, and had I been the judge, it would have won a prize.
I quite like the fact that the figure on the right is slightly out of frame. The photo is verily a "slice of life". And the two distant figures on the left add to an already present sense of depth.
So, no suggestions or "I would have done this". I like it just as it is.
Taken at the Tory Conference, perhaps?
G
I quite like the fact that the figure on the right is slightly out of frame. The photo is verily a "slice of life". And the two distant figures on the left add to an already present sense of depth.
So, no suggestions or "I would have done this". I like it just as it is.
Taken at the Tory Conference, perhaps?
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 07/10/2009 - 11:49
Link
I like the way the people are aligned. It's nice and crisp on the faces (apart from the woman conversing furthest right, which is understandable - and she's important compositionally). However, what spoils it for me is the sky in the top left - this holds nothing of interest and detracts from the composition IMHO.
There's nothing you could have done about it, though. As usual with street photography, serendipity rules.
There's nothing you could have done about it, though. As usual with street photography, serendipity rules.
Posted 07/10/2009 - 12:40
Link
James - Yep I was sitting on a wall as they approached and shot with the 21 which was wide enough that I felt I would get the shot. Pre focus and auto exposure which was a gamble.
Mhuni - I agree about the empty cloud but as you say not much I could do. I have another crop that includes full length on the figure extreme left so you see her blurred foot and lose that space top left as the crop is squarer.
Mike
Mhuni - I agree about the empty cloud but as you say not much I could do. I have another crop that includes full length on the figure extreme left so you see her blurred foot and lose that space top left as the crop is squarer.
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 07/10/2009 - 14:34
Link
I liked it when you first posted it too. What makes it for me is the white hair against the darker sky and it isn't just a photograph taken in a street
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 07/10/2009 - 17:22
Link
Always love the B&W seem to capture the subject more....Nice to see the drifferent shades....
Posted 08/10/2009 - 06:51
Link
This is like spot the ball!
What's the prize?
I'll say somewhere in the sky down the left edge (about halfway between the top and the figures on the beach), because I can't detect any other possibilities though I'm having problems working out why someone would be walking with their head leaning backwards! Laughter perhaps?
Boy, this pp-ing is rampant! Not sure you should be disclosing this in front of George - he's had a lot to cope with of late.
What's the prize?
I'll say somewhere in the sky down the left edge (about halfway between the top and the figures on the beach), because I can't detect any other possibilities though I'm having problems working out why someone would be walking with their head leaning backwards! Laughter perhaps?
Boy, this pp-ing is rampant! Not sure you should be disclosing this in front of George - he's had a lot to cope with of late.
Posted 08/10/2009 - 07:02
Link
Whatever the prize is you didn't win it! I don't think there's any real interest so I'll lave it a short while and spill the beans. I just like the reassurance that I'm not missing some glaring PP issue. There's a lot (by my standards) of PP in that image.
Mike
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 08/10/2009 - 09:56
Link
Was the stray head behind the front right lady's neck? There seems to be a bit of a blob in the cloud there, and of course there's that pair of unattached legs below!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 08/10/2009 - 10:05
Link
I spotted the faint blob but not the legs
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3241 posts
18 years
Worcestershire
K10D/21ltd/ISO 100
Mike
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.