A monochrome study of decay

Mannesty

Link Posted 05/03/2012 - 08:23
I've photographed this building before but thought I'd shoot it again, this time thinking in Monochrome.

K51_3829-Edit.jpg by Peter E Smith (AKA Mannesty), on Flickr

K51_3830.jpg by Peter E Smith (AKA Mannesty), on Flickr

K51_3832.jpg by Peter E Smith (AKA Mannesty), on Flickr

K51_3835.jpg by Peter E Smith (AKA Mannesty), on Flickr

K51_3836.jpg by Peter E Smith (AKA Mannesty), on Flickr

K51_3842.jpg by Peter E Smith (AKA Mannesty), on Flickr

K51_3845.jpg by Peter E Smith (AKA Mannesty), on Flickr

I haven't done any monochrome work for years. C & C welcome.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

tyronet2000

Link Posted 10/03/2012 - 12:23
Tells the story for me. Do they have grade II listed in spain Looks ripe for renovation
Regards
Stan

PPG

Stuey

Link Posted 10/03/2012 - 19:31
I like these

I see graffiti idiots exist in Spain as well
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Mannesty

Link Posted 19/03/2012 - 21:41
I don't actually know if buildings have a 'listed' status, listing, certainly

Frankly, this building is too far gone to be saved I think.

Re graffiti, I think the practice is perhaps more prevalent in Spain than UK. It's everywhere. Some of it is very good, but most is nothing more than unsightly.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Frogherder

Link Posted 19/03/2012 - 23:23
I tried to find the original shots you posted to compare, but failed (need to try harder)

Overall I would have prefered a bit more contrast, but as I don't tend to do B&W any more than I have to don't take that as critisism

Few sheets of chipboard and a skim of plaster-jobs a goodun.

regards
Bernard

Mannesty

Link Posted 20/03/2012 - 08:54
Bernard, I haven't posted the originals of these shots, but I'll find some time tomorrow.

As for contrast, I too would have preferred more contrast, but I had to increase it a lot in Lightroom to get any at all. it was a very dull and cloudy day when I shot these. I intend going back to repeat the exercise when the sun is out.

Well, if you are up for a refurb challenge and are skilled (very skilled ) with chipboard and plastering, I'm sure the property could be had for next to nothing.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

tyronet2000

Link Posted 20/03/2012 - 09:09
Perhaps it could be the subject of one of those TV programmes. Holiday Homes from Hell
Regards
Stan

PPG

Frogherder

Link Posted 20/03/2012 - 10:12
Quote:
Well, if you are up for a refurb challenge and are skilled (very skilled ) with chipboard and plastering, I'm sure the property could be had for next to nothing

I have visions of Auf Viedersehen Pet, I've seen worse turned into a smart residence/holiday home (2 walled barns that have been sheep shelters for decades).

Mind you I could do with a holiday.
It looks like a wooded area so maybe a few beams could be blagged from the trees, and as Stan half suggests by the time the paying punters have left you've got a bit to do some more (suggest you go for the gullable or outdoor types that won't mind sharing the woods with the bears).

Bernard
Last Edited by Frogherder on 20/03/2012 - 10:12
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.