Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

A life long forgotten

trickletreat
Posted 16/11/2011 - 21:21 Link
We visited some back to backs today, and memories were shared...

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Nigel
geordie01
Posted 16/11/2011 - 23:51 Link
Some nice images there.
trickletreat
Posted 17/11/2011 - 16:15 Link
Cheers chap, it is a good place to visit, and I remembered visiting the tailors as a child with my grandad. The tailors shop was in part of the back to backs before they were rescued and preserved.
Nigel
Father Ted
Posted 17/11/2011 - 16:49 Link
I particularly like number 5 (The bike saddle).
I think I'd like number 3, but the windows cut off put me off.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
japers45
Posted 17/11/2011 - 16:54 Link
Hi Nigel, some nice evocative shots there- is it The Black Country Museum?

The bicycle would be my favourite- the most successful in selective DOF but I like the workbench too.

The portraits look a mite soft? maybe just flattering!
trickletreat
Posted 17/11/2011 - 17:14 Link
Hi John,
These were taken at the Brum back to backs in Hurst St. They are NT property, but similar ones can be found at the Black Country museum,certainly worth a trip to the later as there are always people in period costume, who are happy to pose. I intend to revisit as all my pics from there are with non Pentax cameras!
Yes the portraits are a bit soft, shot at higher iso and tried to grain them, to give a bit of atmosphere { aided by me missing focus probably}
Nigel
japers45
Posted 17/11/2011 - 17:23 Link
Ahh right- I didnt know about the NT houses- I will go and visit in the near future. The NT seem to have a bit of a random policy on photos inside their properties. I visited the Lennon and McCartney houses in Liverpool but photography is not allowed and this is the case in many of their grander properties.
trickletreat
Posted 17/11/2011 - 17:37 Link
japers45 wrote:
Ahh right- I didnt know about the NT houses- I will go and visit in the near future. The NT seem to have a bit of a random policy on photos inside their properties. I visited the Lennon and McCartney houses in Liverpool but photography is not allowed and this is the case in many of their grander properties.

They operate a timed and booked visit system, so call first. Re photography, I always ask, and was told that pics in the courtyard were ok, but not inside. Once inside I was told that it would be ok and a blind eye applied. The reasoning was stated as pics might show valuable items, but they didn't consider that there were any in the back to backs.
Yet on a recent visit to Upton house, I was allowed to openly photograph priceless objects.
Nigel
Edited by trickletreat: 17/11/2011 - 18:04
trickletreat
Posted 17/11/2011 - 18:06 Link
Father Ted wrote:
I particularly like number 5 (The bike saddle).
I think I'd like number 3, but the windows cut off put me off.

Thanks, I looked at the original but not much more window before I cropped... a lower position might have worked...or wider lens, but only took the 28 with me.
Nigel
sandinista
Posted 17/11/2011 - 18:28 Link
I really like Number 5, very good DOF use, I would like to see a mono conversion, would add to the atmosphere IMO

Number 6 appeals as well, another good application of DOF and focus. Very good set
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot

Gear Not enough!!
PPG
Flickr
My not so new website
trickletreat
Posted 17/11/2011 - 19:49 Link
sandinista wrote:
I really like Number 5, very good DOF use, I would like to see a mono conversion, would add to the atmosphere IMO

Number 6 appeals as well, another good application of DOF and focus. Very good set

Thank you, here is a quick conversion in iPhoto.

Comment Image

and the uncropped one for Father Ted

Comment Image

Nigel
dave-
Posted 17/11/2011 - 19:57 Link
very nice photos.i too like the uncropped one the bestest.
fatspider
Posted 17/11/2011 - 21:49 Link
These remind me of a similar row of back to backs at Bradfords Industrial museum, knocked down and re-built stone by stone in the museum grounds apparently.

I'm sure Hardgravity will have a multitude of pics

Our first house was a back to back in Bradford, and yes we still had an outside toilet though it didn't take us long to get the place modernised and have one inside
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.